Quantcast

Bartering services?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Nicifer_noonoo

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be great if we could barter our services for things that we need?! It came to me in a flash of inspiration last night as I was trying to sleep (cheese before bed, don't do it). If say, a beauty therapist could offer a treatment e.g. a tan, a facial, make up or whatever in exchange for a set of nails from a nail tech, both would be getting luxury treatments for a bargain price and be able to promote each others businesses...

Maybe I DID eat too much cheese :green:

pazzy

Reaction score
I do this with my hairdresser - it worked out harder passing money then giving it back!!!

Nicifer_noonoo

Reaction score
Wish I could find a hairdresser like that, lol...just had my hair done and was staggered at the cost, lol. Still, like Eva Longoria, I'm worth it :green:

tinkywinky

Reaction score
Im just about to swap a pedicure for a session of reflexology, cant wait!!

If anyone in York wants to swap a treatment pls let me know! xxx

gillian w

Reaction score
I do this with my hairdresser.I used to with a meat caterers wife for meat,a publican for drink and a teacher i do has said they will tutor my son English for doing her nails.

loualarta

Reaction score
Im always swapping a tan or nails to get my hair done. I used to be a hairdresser but still have a lot of hairdressing good friends that always seem to want to swap treatments. So im a very luck gal!!!

Nicifer_noonoo

Reaction score
that's the bad thing about being the only therapist in your salon, you don't have anyone to do the lovely treatments on you! grr!

*Garfield*

Reaction score
I do this with my babysitter, instead of paying her I do her nails.:)

Nicifer_noonoo

Reaction score
I'm so jealous :) Skills I have aplenty, but alas, ready cash I do not! Think the bus driver will accept a facial in exchange for my weekly bus ticket? haha.

adelekeegan1

Chatty geek
Reaction score
I swap HRH's haircuts for the groomer's gel toes:green:

ladybgemini

Reaction score
I'd love to swop services with someone, my hair is in dire need of something doing with it, but i only do nails !!!!!!!

Nicifer_noonoo

Reaction score
I think we should start some sort of I wanna/I gotta club :) If anyone's in the Liverpool/Warrington area, do give me a nudge :)

louiser

Reaction score
Anyone in the northants area wanna do this let me know! x x

Tricky

Reaction score

Bluetiger

Reaction score
I think we should start some sort of I wanna/I gotta club :) If anyone's in the Liverpool/Warrington area, do give me a nudge :)
I'm not far from you (in Leigh) but I can only do nails! Would be more than willing for you to teach me how to do a facial with you as the guinea pig though if you're up for it!!

Bus pass? Does that mean you don't drive? I could pick you up, we could have a proper girlie pamper session - bring a bottle of wine or something - although I don't drink, fortunately that now means no taxi home for you either then! (Or you could stay over)

I LIKE this idea of 'wanna/gotta club'!!

cherryblossom

Reaction score
i do this with my hairdresser, free nails, for free hair,but just recently i seem to be doing her nails alot more than she does my hair, infills nail art, ect as i dont need my hair doing as offten as she does nails, so in the long run shes getting a better bargain than i am.

Nicifer_noonoo

Reaction score
i do this with my hairdresser, free nails, for free hair,but just recently i seem to be doing her nails alot more than she does my hair, infills nail art, ect as i dont need my hair doing as offten as she does nails, so in the long run shes getting a better bargain than i am.
You could always have a wash and blow dry every time she has her infills just to even things up a bit? Plus, there's nothing better than a professional blow dry, especially when you have a birds nest like me :green:

hayls

Reaction score
I have only today started swapping treatments with a lady who does reflexology for me, I give her a Classic Pedi in return.

She does a load of stuff, Hopi Ear Candle, Reiki, Accupressure, Massage etc etc, so I cant wait to try different treatments!!

Latest posts