Basic artificial nail course requirements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,
I did my training in 2006, 5days manicure, pedicure, acrylic,fiberglass/silk, and gell. And then.... that was it!!!. I got my certificates through the post a few weeks later. Are we allowed to say on here whom we trained with???
Ok I know the very basics but my certificates are not worth the paper they are written on!!! We only spoke about infills and re-balancing, maintenance. Basically my training was a joke it hasn't taken me any further.
I have only done a few full sets on family and friends over the years and tonight (don't laugh) I am doing my first infill after chasing the client for 2 weeks I want to see the work I have done.
I want to re-train, I want confidence in my work, I want to know what I am worth.

I have looked on line over the last few weeks for nail training in Cardiff. There are a few training schools but none by big brands names like CND. I rang about 5 training schools yesterday and they all ranged in price from £200-£900 for the same sort of courses I asked what products they use, some use ASP, Salon Services, and Ezy flow I think Ezy Flow are good even though I have never used them.
I Am on a very tight budget, basically I am on benefits I have two kids and I am using the money I have saved to train I can't afford to get it wrong this time and be trained by the wrong people/training providers I don't want to use RUBBISH products any more:cry::cry:

I have contacted Nail Harmony but there is no training provided in Cardiff.
I rang CND this morning and the nearest training provider is in Bristol and she is on holiday at the moment:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:. I have not got a car YET so I will be busing it every where which I don't mind. I would love to go on and run my own business and do my masters in Nail Tech I want to know every thing. Past experience tells me to be very cautious with training cos I don't want to be ripped off ever again. Unless you have big pockets you have more off a chance! It is sooo confusing trying to find the right training.
This is a brilliant thread by the way and yes something should be done.
Sorry for waffling on...

Latest posts

Back