Battery powered nail file/buffer/drill

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kstewart

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if a battery powered nail file/buffer would work to get rid of the bulk on an acrylic nail?

I only ask as I have a client who has french (w&p) acrylic on at the moment but wants me to change them to red tips on her next infill. Now, I will have to file ALL of the white off which takes ages, so I thought one of these would cut the time and save my arm muscles!! lol

I am planning on eventually going on a drill course but don't have the funds yet and seen as my client is in next week, don't have time.

The nails are sculpted though, so all the tip is white...........so if I file all the white off, there will be no tip (if you get what I mean...??)

If I get the white nice and thin, would a layer of clear acrylic before the colour stop the white from showing though??

Sorry its a bit of a mish mash post but I was thinking as well as typing!!! lol :lol:

It wont be powerful enough.
You can do it faster by hand.

If you can sculpt, clip off the white free edge, reshape the smileline and sculpt a new tip in whichever colour you choose.

It wont be powerful enough.
You can do it faster by hand.

If you can sculpt, clip off the white free edge, reshape the smileline and sculpt a new tip in whichever colour you choose.

Thanks, I have been advised this before, however the nails are fairly short so not all the white is on the free edge, so if I cut it off there will still be a small amount of white left, if you get what I mean??

Will a layer of clear acrylic before the colour work?

If the red is solid it will cover the white!! Thin the tip and rebalance as normal.
Don't try efiles without training battery powered or not, you just need to be efficient with your file, I don't need an efile at all x

There have been a couple of threads recently about battery powered nail files and to be honest they are just not good enough.

Electric nail files need to operate at a steady, controllable speed and this is just not possible with a batter powered file. :wink2:

Thanks, I have been advised this before, however the nails are fairly short so not all the white is on the free edge, so if I cut it off there will still be a small amount of white left, if you get what I mean??

Will a layer of clear acrylic before the colour work?

Hmm. Well cut most of it off and file the little remainder away.
I dont see how the clear could help, if its over the white then the white is just going to show through as clear powder is clear surely?
Your colour should cover as long as you thin the white sufficiently.

Ok, thanks guys for all your advice :) xx

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back