Battle of the sites/Doug Schoons new book raffle

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Howda All. Man am I strapped for a thread title for this exciting opportunity ;)

I have set up a special page for getting tickets. Just click here.

Here is what Doug had to say:

______________________________________________________________​

Battle of the Professional Nail Industry Web Site​

Fight Against Breast Cancer Internet Raffle

November 5 -December 15

Welcome to the Fight Against Breast Cancer Internet Raffle and thank you for participating with your interest and donations. 100% of all donations are used to support the 3-Day Breast Cancer walk sponsored by the Susan G. Koman Breast Cancer Foundation. You can learn much more about this foundation and the 3-Day walk by visiting:

Personally, my most rewarding experiences have been in the annual 3-Day Breast Cancer Walk sponsored by the Susan G. Komen Foundation. Almost 3000 people walk 60 miles (100 km) in three days. That’s 20 miles ( 32 km) per day and a lot of sweat and determination. Why? To raise money to stop this terrible disease and end the suffering it creates for so many. 100% of the money raised in this raffle will go to the Susan G. Koman Foundation and you will be a sponsor of our walking team the "Creative Cure". It will be our fourth year walking in this event and our goal is to raise $20,000 or €16,000 for the 2005 walk. This sole purpose of this is to raise money for breast cancer. All of the money you generously give is a charitable donation and is 100% tax-deductible. Here is how this raffle works:

My newest book Nail Structure & Product Chemistry; second edition will be released February 15, 2005. Fans of the first book will be happy to hear that it's still easy to read and understand, but I’ve added many new chapters, color photos, and much more. In fact, the book has doubled to over 350 pages... and 75% is new or expanded information with dozens of new photos! It's an all-new book and you have an opportunity to win a chapter from the original final manuscript- long before it is released for sale.

Each chapter being raffled is a part of the manuscript is used to make written notes, last minute changes, comments, clarifications, deletions or additions before final publication. I sent photocopies to the publisher, so you get an opportunity to win an authentic, hand-edited and signed chapter. Original chapters from Nail Structure & Product Chemistry, second editionwill be won by 15 lucky winners. Each chapter will also be autographed to you personally, dated and carry a short hand written note authenticating the document. Heck, I'll even spray it cologne if it'll get you to buy a raffle ticket! This is such an incredible cause. Why should you donate? Because it's a fight we can win and we get closer everyday. Please help.

Raffle tickets may be purchased with a check or money order made out to the "Susan G. Koman Breast Cancer Foundation". You can download a donation form and get the mailing address (for the website of your choice) by clicking on the appropriate link below:

The site that raises the most wins the Battle of the Nail Web sites and will win the right to raffle the Grand Prize- Chapter 1 and the Title page, Dedication / Acknowledgments and Introduction.

This charity raffle runs from November 5 through December 15, 2004. Webmasters for each web site will choose the winners by random drawing and their decisions are final. Manuscripts will be mailed to winners within two weeks via certified mail. All entries must be received by each web site before 5 PM, December 15, 2004 to qualify for the drawing. The winners will be chosen the same day and immediately notified by e-mail or phone (if provided). All donations will be deposited with the Susan G. Koman Breast Cancer Foundation within 60 days of receipt.

Thank you very much for your attention and consideration,

Doug Schoon
Vice President of Science & Technology
Creative Nail Design, Inc.

______________________________________________________________​

get off your butts and Just click here.

Ok Sam, I'd rather purchase on your site, as my loyalties lie here (I don't have time to read all the stuff on that other site, and you have the pop up quick reads so I know if that is a thread I really want to read) so help me out and tell me how to get the raffle tickets on your site..and what is the exchange rate from US dollars to Pounds? (don't have the fancy key on my board)

Hey Jeni.
The current coversion is around $1.80 for £1
Therefore each raffle ticket is costing you about $0.90-$1

If you use PayPal (you dont even need a paypal account) you can pay by card and its done automatically for you.

Thanks for helping!

Latest posts

Back