BBC3 Skin Deep:The business of beauty - has anyone seen it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately a lot of people don't realise the damage and don't know any different and unfortunately think its normal. Hopefully it will have opened some people's eyes, a lot of NSS round Yorkshire have been closed from what my tutor has told me so possibly very slowly Britain maybe be realising the dangers of NSS!?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes i watched it did you see that girls finger im not a fan of the drill but i think its nothing to do with the tools its whos using them xx

I completely agree with all these comments. Especially the last one regarding the tools being used by the wrong people!

where was the nail bar Laura went to? I remember it was called American Nails but cant remember where. Just wondering if they are still in business. Hopefully not with staff untrained.

It was in Midsomer Norton, I went to a borading school out there and when I heard the place, I was a bit surprised as it's quite a ruarl area with more of a village type high street (well it was 20 yrs ago, holly sh*t, now I feel old!!)

Just reading local news & 9 illegal vietnamese immigrants have been found working in two branches of USA nails in Glasgow! It makes you wonder if the poor souls even want to be doing the job! They may being forced to do it!
I think that's another reason to avoid these salons, people trafficking ! :(

Just reading local news & 9 illegal vietnamese immigrants have been found working in two branches of USA nails in Glasgow! It makes you wonder if the poor souls even want to be doing the job! They may being forced to do it!

Please do not avoid us.

We traffic our people in from local colleges through the National Government apprentice scheme.

We offer quality nail care with a scientific knowledge of the service, and yes we use the helpgul electric file. As we all know, the nail bed is made up of 100 layers of fibre. A light touch and understanding of the equipment means that we do not damage the nail bed.

In fact we use extensions to protect the natural nail bed and protect the customer from the main nail problem, biting!!! After a few months, we take off the extensions, show our customers their healthy nails and refer them onto Gel Polish or overlays.

We work with top scientist and fresh air suppliers in america. We are used as an example of best practice across the board by our local Health and Safety team.

Take Care

Last edited by a moderator:

I live around the corner from one of the USA Nails in Glasgow. One of the nail techs I've visited has once told me they are forever being visited by their clients with badly efiled nails and most of the young girls think it's the norm to take strong painkillers before having acrylic nails applied.

I also know of a young girl who has her acrylic nails done in a market place in glasgow by one of these places beacuse the nails don't come off. Of course they won't come off, they'll take your whole nail plate off with them!!

I had a girl in he salon yesterday who was a regular at a nss and she caught her little finger nail on her car and it pulled her whole nail bed along with it! I was cringing when she told me

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back