Be careful publishing photo's of "The Edge"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there anywhere we can see a picture of "The Pipe"?

This is what I want to know too. I've been searching for pics for days now & I'm so curious about what they must look like (got amazing visions in my mind) :green:

OMG I just realised why it's called the pipe.....:eek:.

yes, thats the link i have.
if you go right through it it shows the pipe nail being made with gel and then clamped into shape.
if anyone [maybe vanish] can read the text can you tell me how long the gel is cured before the clamp is aplied please ?

I checked out the link, but must admit I'm not overly impressed, they are nice but not warranted a patent imo :hug:

I am sure now it was a copyright and not a patent. Viktoria doesn't enforce it anyway - she just wanted a paper that said she designed the shape. She very often shows these when she's traveling around educating.

Personally, I love the shape and think they are both sophisticated and elegant. But I love stiletto's too!

She didn't though. Hell, I did the same design over 10 years ago inspired by others that did it well before me! Don't get me wrong, they are lovely (if you like extreme instead of complimentary) but I don't see anything there that is original at all.

With millions of nail techs throughout the world most likely nothing is really new, but with language barriers and people not able to share their work through magazines much of this remains hidden. In Russia and Ukraine this shape was sufficiently new that several magazines published the design. No-one in the UK or USA that I've found has seen this shape either, judging by BT and SG forums - it created quite a buzz as people scoured the internet looking for it. In total there are only two references to it in Google - both using images from Viktoria - the sites are German or Russian.

Perhaps not everyone will like the shape - there are plenty of people including famous techs that are only interested in natural and french nails. Just as many women in the world take a stronger purest view and don't want artificial nails at all. Everyone to their own.

I fail to see the point of patenting a shape or even a design for that matter.

Perhaps Gigi should jump on the bandwagon and patent her 'secret mix' for her Natural white used in the solar oil advertisements.

I appreciate good work and innovative ideas.
I get bored by the mundane.

But personally... if someone copied my idea and reproduced it on clients, I would be 'CHUFFED TO BITS' that someone thought my lil idea was good enough to reproduce and add to their menu.

Patents certainly have their place, but not in 'art'. And nail enhancements ARE an art.

As for trying to prevent others from teaching this idea... I think that's rubbish too.
What of he/she that invented cookies. What if he/she wanted to stop people from teaching how to bake cookies? Or of the person that invented the foxtrot. A patent to prevent dancing schools from teaching the foxtrot?
RIDICULOUS!

just my 2 cents....

Latest posts

Back