Beauty therapy training for men - best colleges?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tog

Reaction score
Hello to all the male Geeks on this site

I was wondering where you did your training? only a male friend of one of my employees is interested in training in beauty, and mentioned it to her, not knowing where to go. He lives in Kent/SE London area.

If any of you have any advice it would be very welcome. All the therapists I know are female and I don't know anyone who has had any guys doing their course with them. :confused:

Thanks
Cathy x

I did mine in Chichester (West Sussex), but I would have thought most colleges would, or should, accept males on their courses.

Get the to interview any courses / colleges he is thinking of going to. He needs to asses them to make sure he feels they will treat him appropriately, find out about any issues - will they freak out at the thought of him doing a bikini line wax etc.

Mat

Hi Tog

When I did my training at north west kent college Gravesend we had a guy in our group and he fitted in very well everyone got on with him and he practiced on all of us, He had to have all treatments done on him including bikini wax but he was not bothered at all. When he got to level 3 with us he was very popular with massage. They also have a campus at Dartford.

HTH

Kirsty

"We put the treat in your treatment"

Im doing Itec Beauty Level 2 diploma in Dartford with adult education but they do it all around if he types in adult education kent it should come up i know the college is planning on having an opening day soon they do few different courses
i dont know if im aloud to put telephone number on here so if u want more details just pm me
hope this helps xxx:rolleyes:

more to the point forgot to say we have a male on a course at mo, he enjoys it and he has all treatments done too.

Latest posts

Back