Beauty UK show NEC Birmingham 2016

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also be careful what you buy, some well known companies were charging more at the show for products than they do online!! (And it had nothing to do with VAT).

Ooh which naughty company was that!

Also be careful what you buy, some well known companies were charging more at the show for products than they do online!! (And it had nothing to do with VAT).
I got stung!! And the person who served me was incredibly rude had my back side smacked well and truly I'm ringing tomorrow to complain

I got stung!! And the person who served me was incredibly rude had my back side smacked well and truly I'm ringing tomorrow to complain

Oh gosh! Do tell. You don't have to name the company if you don't want to.

I'm intrigued now too....

I was really looking forward to seeing a particular nail brand this weekend, to buy a lamp & a number of gels. I was really disappointed by how uninterested they were in taking any time to talk to me, bordering on rude/grumpy. Considering they don't distribute or have reps, I thought it was pretty poor.

I went on the Sunday, my first time going. I thought it was a weird layout, and the "show offer" prices were higher than the online prices, I was charged more for a trial kit with INK London at the show than I would've been online, also 1 lady in particular was rude and quite arrogant when giving advice on their products. I was not impressed AT ALL. Next year I won't bother.

It was INK London I was referring to too!

It wasn't INK London. I got stung by it was Lycon and it was all I went to the show for. More than disappointed to say the least and there wasn't 20% off like stated on the offers

It was INK London for me too x

What a terrible situation - leaves a bad taste in your mouth doesn't it. It does make you suspicious of these companies and how they treat the professionals that keep them in business. I am very surprised at Lycon - they are a big name and I would have expected better from them.

I have never experienced anything less than outstanding customer service from ink x

I think I'm going to email them and just ask why the prices were so much higher than advertised online X

Yeh good idea, maybe the kit was slightly different?

Okay so I've looked into this further and the ink products did actually work out a little cheaper at the show than buying online. What caused this confusion id that it is not clear on the website that VAT isn't actually included in the prices shown until you get the final stages of checkout X

Latest posts

Back