Before and after - weaves

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope this is ok to post on this thread, this is my dolly head LA / Celebrity weave I did today, my first one [emoji76]

Let me know of anything I can improve on!! Obviously the Dodgey bit of loopy thread in the middle!!

I read on here about doing the concave method downwards and also doubling up which I did here.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1466456501.489571.jpg

180g 18" fabulong
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1466689266.871675.jpg

180g 18" fabulong
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1466689312.637800.jpg

I don't really do individual, that's not to say you can't though i've seen it done before! You just need to make sure you get enough of the longest length in so the base is nice and thick.

Does 20'' and then 16'' work? Or would it need to be 20'' 18'' 16'' to look gradual ? The supplier my client wants only does 20 and 16'' :( X

That blonde one looks so gorgeous! What colour was this?
Thanks! Off the top of my head I think it was #124! Looked horrible on the swatch but it matched, but looked amazing when fitted!

Last nights weave, not done any for a while actually! about 160g of Fabulong in shade 18. The girl had greath lengths before and hated them, said they wrecked her hair! This was a double triple double. She was like a gorgeous gingery blonde colour!

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Prestige 150g 20" Russian/Mongolian double drawn weft 2 months old still feels exactly the same as out the packet
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1468447344.170944.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1468702943.849345.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1468702990.158226.jpg

This is my first la weave done. I've been trained in micro/pre bonded for a while, this I find harder to grasp, find the sewing part so fiddly [emoji30] this was on my sister who has quite fine hair and used 100g.

Any criticism good or bad would be appreciated xx

View attachment 199227View attachment 199228

This is my first la weave done. I've been trained in micro/pre bonded for a while, this I find harder to grasp, find the sewing part so fiddly [emoji30] this was on my sister who has quite fine hair and used 100g.

Any criticism good or bad would be appreciated xx

Your rings look like they've got a bit too much hair in each one, they should lay completely flat against the head with room to move. LA weave can be a really gentle method if done correctly so make sure you use enough rings to distribute the weight evenly x

Thanks :) I've done my sis in laws hair for a bit of practice but seem to keep coming loose and then falling out :( think It may be my starting off or finishing technique, x

My most recent. Ordered 180g but in the end only put about 130/140 in. Shades #3 and #4 of fabulong hair. Two rows was enough, bottom one double, second one tripled. Room for more if she would like it. Still not entirely happy with my cutting, so any tips appreciated. She didn't want much length, just thickness. x
Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG

Last nights weave. Second time this client has had hair with me. Had fabulong in shade 826 about 150g worth, three rows, double, triple, double. Still not 100% happy with my cutting, think it looks too thick at the ends!
Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 10
Sundays fitting. My lady had quite thick hair and wanted to wear it up so I change the way I put it in slightly compare to someone who wants to wear it down all the time.

There ended up being five rows. Two very small ones at the bottom, two triple ones and there was a single piece left over which she wanted at the top, so there was about 175g used! Fabulong hair in shade 3.

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

I added a filter on this one so it looks a little black!

Capture3.JPG

can a hairdresser help me with this question

Last nights LA Weave only about 75g of fabulong in shade 14/22 over three double rows.

Gemma.JPG

Gemma2.JPG

Latest posts

Back