Bendy Nails LOL

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annebet

Reaction score
Hi My first ever problem with enhancements did a set 11th of may for her holidays, due to the flights being cancelled it was over a week before she got away, anyhow while she was away 5 day into her holiday she said the nails went soft and bendy so she took them of now bear in mind it was over 2 week without maintenance, so what I am wondering is if this is down to the heat ?? or just the fact that she hadn't had maintenance done, she usually comes everyweek as her nails grow very fast, I said to her heat shouldn't make a difference nor should the water, the tips used where Star Nails which I have used for a long time and never had a problem with, she has been tonight I shellaced her nails due to her ripping them of they are a mess and she is away again in 3 week and wants tips done again, normally she has sculpts but for some reason now wants tips, any help as to why they went bendy I am thinking the fact her nails grow quick the apex had moved down and could have caused this ??
Thanx:biggrin:

were these L&P or gel?
did you use a top coat or buff to shine?

bear in mind you may never know what really happened as you didn't get to see them...
It could be simply a case of her having the time to sit and play with them and in her mind they seemed to move more than normal...

sadly, now she has done a lot worse damage by removing them herself and now the next set will not hold as well as the foundation (nail plate) is thinner and damaged

Hiya yes they where L&P, I know but the damage to to her nails shows me that they were well on lol it might be because it was her first time with Tips for nearly a year as she normally has sculpts, but her friends all have tips and I think she just wanted the same. :biggrin:

mine went like this so did my friend when we went on holiday we both had nails done in different places and put in down to the heat she went back to same place on holiday again and they were fine this time around but it wasnt as hot xx

Hi Oh rite god av got 4 wanting tips for their holiday's but dont want to do them if this is gonna happen, will try and talk them into sculpts, to be honest never heard of this before me and my daughter went to cyprus a couple of yr ago and it was one of there hotest yrs and it never happened to ours. :biggrin:

what about not wiping off sun cream oil from nails + sun maybe this is affecting them? xx

what about not wiping off sun cream oil from nails + sun maybe this is affecting them? xx

id say you are spot on!

nails don't melt from the suns heat (if you touch the oven while its hot that contact might bend your acrylic...but the sun won't), its the sun tan lotion she is using, especially the ones that contain insect repellants are worse. the acrylics will soften, become sticky feeling and after a few days may come off the natural nail clean and whole, without a trace of enhancements ever being applied!

this can happen to your polish/ manicure aswell, either find a topcat that isnt affected, i use EzFlow never yellow sealer, or find a sun screen that doesnt affect the nails.

HTH

Latest posts

Back