Berins Question?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinkPotions

Reaction score
Perhaps someone who has tried the Berins waxes could tell me the difference between the jet set & the blue wax?

From what i see they are both hard waxes
They are the same price
But the jet set, sets faster

So why do Berins still sell the blue wax? What is it better for? Surely if the jet set does the same job but faster it would be better solely to use this?

I have never experienced a time where i thought 'i wish this wax would set slower' so why?

I haven't tried Berins, don't know the answer to your question as such however, I think there are times when wax can set too quickly and this gives you less workability, if that makes any sense(?) Sometimes with hard wax it helps to have a few extra seconds to make sure the edges are good and you've got a good lip to flick up. Especially for those who are new to hard wax and are still perfecting their technique.

Also climate may be a factor here.

The Jet Set was made especially for rooms or areas that get hot hot hot and the other waxes get gooey or gummy. I have found every brand get gooey when my client is hot on top of it being hot outside. So originally this was designed for really hot or humid climates. It will get brittle in cold weather.

My fav has always been the Blue and will remain, but this to me was a necessary addition.

Yes you are right they are both hard (non strip) waxes

At this time of the year I have a pot of blue on which is my absolute favourite and a pot of jet set.

Blue will always be my fave, I use it on all body parts bar chest, backs & legs. It can be applied thinner which makes it more cost effective – it also removes those finer hairs.
Jet set does exactly what it says – sets PDQ.

I have found that in this muggy and humid heat that this is a better option as the wax does set quicker. You know sometimes when you apply a hard wax and because of the climate it takes ages to set well this doesn’t it sets up almost instantly.

So by having both on the go in the warmer summer months I run a smooth ship.
I hope this has answered your question.

Last edited:
I am intrigued by the berins and would love a sample but for some reason can not get any to try, i would like to compare it with perron rigot befor i launch my new leaflets and buy more product as it sounds like this could be better than perron rigot and i think that is amzing
jenny

Thanks for the answers i didn't realise that the jetset went brittle in colder weather, I tend to always keep a good heat in my room so i wonder if that would still happen?

I'm just sick of staring at folks rear ends waiting on a strip to set xxx

me too !

And i am sure they too are tired of waiting !

i can wait to try the jet set and the blue! in fact all of em !

me too !

And i am sure they too are tired of waiting !

i can wait to try the jet set and the blue! in fact all of em !

Well I believe that the orders will be with everyone beginning of next week so you will know soon enough.

The Jetset will be ideal for the crack of the butt... and in the warmer body areas to set quickly ... these areas take the time when I use PR even when I apply it really thinly. I probably wouldnt use it they same in the winter unless the client was nervous and became clammy, then again it is great for clients that have this problem with getting anxious and the body becoming sweaty.

Some one asked a friend of mine the other day ... how could anyone be so excited about wax... yadda yadda... well if you are a wax geek believe me... its very exciting. Sorry to the skin, tanning and nail geeks that find all this excitement tedious .... but its only the same as when a big launch in beauty, tanning and nails happen... then you guys must be excited then? And thats were we are all coming from.

Can't wait for Monday :hug:

Thanks for the answers i didn't realise that the jetset went brittle in colder weather, I tend to always keep a good heat in my room so i wonder if that would still happen?

If you are using it in a warm room and your clients body temperature is warm then you should be fine. I only use it when the weather is really hot and humid and would not use it in the colder months as Lori is right it will go brittle.

Latest posts

Back