Best business mobile phone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lolla

Reaction score
Am purely asking this for opinions so I can make a concerted decision on which phone to buy.

I am setting up mobile and want to have a separate phone for business. I want to be able to easily retrieve emails, and send them, and browse the web (and have access to Salon Geek on the go!!). Obvisouly texts and calls too. Can't think of anything else I'd need to do on the move...?

My question is which phone do you find really great to operate the communications side of your business with?

I am only asking as I have no idea about phones...do you remember the old Nokia 6210s we all seemed to have in high school? Well that's what I still have, I don't understand all this iphone, smartphone, htc jiggerypokery :lol: But, I need to get up to date coz I wanna be able to do things on the move.

P.S. I want to be on O2, so I don't know if this affects the phone options open to me? I'm looking on their site at the mo and just going :eek:

I recommend the iPhone in bias as that's what Iv had now for 2 years I'm O2! But I can access everything on it from emails to my online banking is be lost without it (I'm using it as I type now) the only think you can't get on iPhone is flash player - but I don't find it a problem!

OH! AND one with a good camera for taking close-ups of nails - I need to build a decent portfolio of my work :biggrin:

Don't ask for much do I :cool:

I recommend the iPhone in bias as that's what Iv had now for 2 years I'm O2! But I can access everything on it from emails to my online banking is be lost without it (I'm using it as I type now) the only think you can't get on iPhone is flash player - but I don't find it a problem!

Thanks Kirsty :D Ok I know what an iphone is but what is an iphone 'in bias'? Ah yes online banking, didn't think of that one. xx

I have a iPhone as personal and then got a blackberry 9300.

It's was for my work phone had everything on I need instead of clogging up my iPhone.

Unfortunately my bb had an accident and fell down the toilet lol so it doesn't work(haven't got it replaced yet) but it did the job I now just use an x10 with my work sim in and my iPad for my booking/calendar until I get my bb fixed.

and my iPad for my booking/calendar until I get my bb fixed.

So did your Blackberry have the facility to keep a decent bookings diary? x

It's amazing.emails, diary,apts,8 mega pixel camera with flash.plus there is hundreds of free applications that you can download from Android market.

Definitely the best Ph that I've ever had and perfect for business.just hve internet set up& away you go.

Thanks Kirsty :D Ok I know what an iphone is but what is an iphone 'in bias'? Ah yes online banking, didn't think of that one. xx

think in bias is probably im biased - i love my iphone but it has an annoying tendency to change what I'm writing - text predict!

but for everything else it is fab & has loads of apps to make it even better

If you are wanting to not spend a lot initially then blackberry is a go. But remember they take £5 each month for "blackberry" to make the Internet and messenger, email work, where the iPhone you keep all ur credit or don't have an added bill on ur bill. Just changed from blackberry to iPhone 4s and love it, plus you just tell it to make an appointment and it will xoxo

All of our business phones (and my personal one) are iPhones. Easy to use, lots of apps, web browsing and email are easy to configure..

Blackberry were always known as *the* business phones because they'd push email out (rather than you having to go and manually check to see if you'd got a new email), but a lot of phones will do that these days.

It's amazing.emails, diary,apts,8 mega pixel camera with flash.plus there is hundreds of free applications that you can download from Android market.

Definitely the best Ph that I've ever had and perfect for business.just hve internet set up& away you go.

Is that iphones you mean? x

think in bias is probably im biased - i love my iphone but it has an annoying tendency to change what I'm writing - text predict!

but for everything else it is fab & has loads of apps to make it even better

Yip meant biased - bloody iphone lol! but i wouldnt be without it and the camera on mine is fab! x

Yip meant biased - bloody iphone lol! but i wouldnt be without it and the camera on mine is fab! x

Aaah right, thanks!

So it's looking like an iphone is going to be best. If I walk into an O2 shop and say give me an iphone, will they throw loads of options at me or is an iphone just an iphone, simple as that? x

Oh my god, am looking on the O2 website and there's more than one iphone!! What's the difference with iphone 4, 4S, 3GS... :eek: Which have you lot got?

I just know if I go into the shop and mention 'business mobile' they'll end up flogging me one of their business tariff phones and I just want a normal one, but will use it for business ;)

4S is the latest (basically the same as the 4, but a bit faster / better camera). Personally I'd try and hold off for a few months, Apple will inevitably be releasing the 5 sometime around June / July.

4S is the latest (basically the same as the 4, but a bit faster / better camera). Personally I'd try and hold off for a few months, Apple will inevitably be releasing the 5 sometime around June / July.

This is close to when my upgrade is due so I'm very looking forward to this!

iPhone all the way! Couldn't be without mine. I use it for personal + business emails and then when I get my upgrade I will stick my work sim in it and use it as a full work phone. At the moment I'm using an old pink phone lol SO hard to text on! x

I agree Samsung Galaxy S2 is fab. Does everything an iphone will but at a fraction of the cost.
So many people are getting over the iphone addiction.Its just the fashinable phone to have but by no means superior, My partner has an iphone 4S and is very jelous of my S2.

Do you need signal boost ( do you have a weak signal at home) and run your calls via your wifi ? If so an iphone is definately NOT the phone for you as they (apple) will not support this feature, no iphone can recieve a signal in my home but my blackberry and my samsung both use the signal boost / uma feature via my wifi. Invaluable!!!!

Do you need signal boost ( do you have a weak signal at home) and run your calls via your wifi ? If so an iphone is definately NOT the phone for you as they (apple) will not support this feature, no iphone can recieve a signal in my home but my blackberry and my samsung both use the signal boost / uma feature via my wifi. Invaluable!!!!

I think the answer to that is no as I have no idea :o Is wifi the internet? We just have broadband.

So this Galaxy one is the same but cheaper? Can you get that on O2? x

BRB - just changing my name to 'Technophobe'

;)

Latest posts

Back