Best business mobile phone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say if you want basics go for the 3GS, if you want to use it for a few years iPhone 4 or 4s as the 3G (slightly different to 3GS) dosent do the upgrades no more. So is basically obselite in apples eyes. The 3GS will go the same soon with the iPhone 5 coming out soon xoxo

I got the iPhone 4s in November after having a blackberry ... And omg it is AMAZING!!! I love it, i use the calendar as my appointment book (it automatically syncs with my iPad at home for backup), I have 24hr access to salon geek, an app for my bank so that's easy to check on the go, I can send a text via Siri whilst driving if needed, the camera is 8megapixels so I can take, upload and edit pics wherever I am, I have maps so never get lost (I'm mobile), I get all emails business and personal, I can do my accounts on it, it's quick and convenient and most of all pretty straight forward :D

It's like having a pc in my pocket that can make calls too!

I'd say if you want basics go for the 3GS, if you want to use it for a few years iPhone 4 or 4s as the 3G (slightly different to 3GS) dosent do the upgrades no more. So is basically obselite in apples eyes. The 3GS will go the same soon with the iPhone 5 coming out soon xoxo

This is correct but I'd say stay away from the 3G & 3Gs as both are crap now as they don't take the upgrades

You need to plug your phone into iTunes every so often and update it so it has the latest software upgraded to your phone

I just got a 4 for my brother for £32 a month unlimited texts, 300 mins & unlimited Internet (500mb is classed as unlimited to P2£ it's what I have also and I use my Internet all the time and I don't go over it x

I got the iPhone 4s in November after having a blackberry ... And omg it is AMAZING!!! I love it, i use the calendar as my appointment book (it automatically syncs with my iPad at home for backup), I have 24hr access to salon geek, an app for my bank so that's easy to check on the go, I can send a text via Siri whilst driving if needed, the camera is 8megapixels so I can take, upload and edit pics wherever I am, I have maps so never get lost (I'm mobile), I get all emails business and personal, I can do my accounts on it, it's quick and convenient and most of all pretty straight forward :D

It's like having a pc in my pocket that can make calls too!

Fantastic explanation love it

This is correct but I'd say stay away from the 3G & 3Gs as both are crap now as they don't take the upgrades

You need to plug your phone into iTunes every so often and update it so it has the latest software upgraded to your phone

I just got a 4 for my brother for £32 a month unlimited texts, 300 mins & unlimited Internet (500mb is classed as unlimited to P2£ it's what I have also and I use my Internet all the time and I don't go over it x

With the new upgrade the phone needs never be plugged in again, just on the same wifi as your computer. When iTunes is opened it auto syncs, so no more faffing with; turn on laptop, go to plug, unplug USB, go back to laptop, plug in USB, open ITunes , plug in iPhone, wait, unplug iPhone.
Can also use the phone while it does this now xoxo

I pay £42 on O2 for unlimited Internet and texts and 600mins (personal account, not a business one).

I can't express how much I love my phone haha

Hi,

Personally at the moment I use the blackberry.. I don't like it, it has broken 3 times in 5 months which has not been great for staying in contact. So like yourself I have been looking at my options.

I decided to go for a Nokia N8 this is meant to be a very eagerly awaited smart phone with a camera more powerful than a lot of digital cameras, it has instant messaging, Internet, emails and more.

As I currently haven't brought it I am using an iPad for my diary and connectivity and my blackberry for calls, hopefully the new Nokia will be able to merge these for me.

Steph

i have samsung gio its an android so you can download apps to suit you for your business so i have excellent diary internet accounts great camera mine was 129€ so about £115 great little phone light wait not to big like the iphone. i have always had samsung and love them xxx

Sent from my GT-S5660 using SalonGeek

I'm an iPhone girl too! I'm mobile and it's the best thing for my business too :)

I have an IPhone 3gs( got another yr on my contract ) I love it though I have a paper diary for my accountant but back it all up to my calendar so I don't have to carry my diary with me all the time. If I was more technical I know there's a lot more I could do with it!!

I have an IPhone 3gs( got another yr on my contract ) I love it though I have a paper diary for my accountant but back it all up to my calendar so I don't have to carry my diary with me all the time. If I was more technical I know there's a lot more I could do with it!!

Loo more technical? I'm not a dunce when it comes to phones, but i can't for the life of me set an alarm without Siri xoxo

So let me get this right...

With an iphone it has to be plugged into the computer (then you've got to load up itunes) to update it all the time?

3G and 3GS can no longer be updated (so is probably pointless in getting?)

Blackberrys tend to break (I've heard this a lot)

Samsung Galaxy is the same as an iphone but cheaper and you don't have to faff about plugging it into computers etc?

Can you still have these 'apps' on the Samsung Galaxy for banking, maps, diary etc?

Comparing the battery life of an iphone to the Galaxy, the latter lasts longer before you have to charge it...?

So let me get this right...

With an iphone it has to be plugged into the computer (then you've got to load up itunes) to update it all the time?

3G and 3GS can no longer be updated (so is probably pointless in getting?)

Blackberrys tend to break (I've heard this a lot)

Samsung Galaxy is the same as an iphone but cheaper and you don't have to faff about plugging it into computers etc?

Can you still have these 'apps' on the Samsung Galaxy for banking, maps, diary etc?

Comparing the battery life of an iphone to the Galaxy, the latter lasts longer before you have to charge it...?

Yes you need to connect to iTunes now and again, i do mine once a month to update my songs, if your not going to use the music often or don't update your albums monthly then there's no need to connect unless you want to back up calendar or contacts, but on the new software you don't need to plug it in, just turn on your computer or laptop and open iTunes, it all works wirelessly now.
iTunes has the largest app collection of all the phones available.

But I have noticed salon geek is a bit of a power drain on the app. Xoxo

My iPhone 4s doesn't need to be plugged in to back up to my iPad, does it automatically.

I live my iPhone 4 will be upgrading as soon as I can can't live without my iPhone ;)

I did it!! I took the plunge and got myself a Samsung Galaxy S2 today...am on it now in fact!! Not doing too badly considering I've never used a touch screen before ! I tested it in the shop and it was the best for what I needed.

It's advising me to get the Tapatalk app for using SG.. I seem to be ok using the forum as it is... do any of you use this???

Thanks to those who gave advice , it was really helpful and helped me come to a decision on my work mobile .

Do you think I would be able to claim it back when doing my self employed forms (is it when i come to do the tax thing ?)

:-D

My hubby has the Samsung galaxy s2 and loves it. I am an apple lover tho, I have a iPhone 4 and most recently my ipad2. I have a pc in my salon and use outlook calendar to b ok appointments, it syncs automatically with the iCloud and then to my iPhone and I pad so when I'm not in the salon I can keep up to date with new bookings, cancelations etc. I don't know where I'd be without all this technology lol

I hope you enjoy your new phone :)

Hi what accounts app do you use?

Who? I don't have one...

Latest posts

Back