Best card machine providers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallyl

Reaction score
hi there,
Please would you guys be able to tell me which card machines you use? I've been with paymentsense for years but the machine is costing me a fortune with all the add ons etc.
One of the girls that works with me uses one that works off her mobile? Does anyone have any suggestions and how are the costs? Any suggestions are gratefully received as my contract ends soon and don't want to be tied up for another couple of years!

izettle. It’s great. Used it for years. One off purchase of about £50 then if you use izettle Go it’s 1.75% for each transaction. No contract.

PayPal Here is excellent

I am currently with handepay but my contract is up soon. I am also looking at the likes of PayPal izettle etc. Just not sure which one is best to go for. X

Depending on your monthly income you may find iZettle is more expensive than a pay monthly service like WorldPay.
It's worth working out your averages as the transaction charges may work out so high switching will mean you pay less.

Worth noting that WorldPay a cheeky buggers and will quote everyone differently. It's worth giving them a generous turnover amount when they ask and potentially negotiating the charge cost down.

We have several clients paying different rates!

Sum up it's the cheapest out there 1.8% off transactions after the cost of buying it no other costs or add ons

Another vote for iZettle - depending on how much you turnover it's as low as 1.5% charges.

I use PayPal card reader.
It works via Bluetooth so you don’t need WiFi connection.
I got mine second hand on eBay so it didn’t cost me as much as a new one. It also accepts contactless and Apple pay. The money is immediately in my PayPal account so I can transfer to my bank account as soon as I like.

Latest posts

Back