Best gel for crystal pedi's?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellabella

Reaction score
hello peeps,
Just wanted everyones input on what gel best to use to secure crystal pedi's?? i use L&P, so in dark and unsure on gels. is a S/O or hard gel best?
I currently use Shellac to do them, but want to find a gel i can use with my CND lamp. i use NSI L&P, so was looking into UV balance gels? does anyone use this for crystal pedi's??
:|

anyone???:cry: x

I haven't started doing them yet but hopefully my crystals will come today,I will be using nsi balance gel.try it I'm sure nsi do a trial pack xxx

The only thing is balance gels are buff off and not soak off ! ( I was just about to post the same Question) great minds think alike lol x

I have just asked a similar question lol.
I have a client who wants rhinestones added to gelish and I'm not sure if it's best to add the stones with nail glue or un-cured gel then cure. Looking forward to the responses x

I use either shellac or nsi balance gel which is buff off.

Shellac - add them in the top coat and cure

Gel - bonding layer, layer of builder gel, crystal/rhinestones,finish clear

Or

Bonding layer,layer of builder gel,finish clear add rhinestones/crystals into uncured product and then cure.

I would NOT recomend you use NSI Balance gel for a crystal pedicure as you will have to file through all those crystals to remove them. This will kill a few files and your arm will be killing too. Not to mention the caution needed in filing off all the crystals but not damaging the natural nail - the base coat is so thin that there isn't a lot of gel left under the crystals before you'll be filing the nail.

I use Cuccio Pronto soak off gel.

It keeps the crystal on and is perfect for 6/8 weeks easy. I had a set on from August to Jan (I know I'm naughty - didnt want to take them off and have naked toes but was too busy to do a new set :cry:).

Soak off is very easy too, 5 mins with a pad of acetone and foil wraped around the toes and the gel & crystals just slip right off.

I just do a thin base layer, cure, thicker layer and place crystals, cure and thin layer over the top to seal them in & cure.

I will be trying a set without the top layer soon as there is another geek who says they stay on just as well without the top coat and this means more sparkle.

If you search the site using the search bar you will find loads & loads of threads on crystal pedicures, with photos descriptions of how people do their sets, what they use to pick up crystals, if they top coat or not, if they use gel-shellac-resin to apply the crystals and many many more things.

I would NOT recomend you use NSI Balance gel for a crystal pedicure as you will have to file through all those crystals to remove them. This will kill a few files and your arm will be killing too. Not to mention the caution needed in filing off all the crystals but not damaging the natural nail - the base coat is so thin that there isn't a lot of gel left under the crystals before you'll be filing the nail.

I use Cuccio Pronto soak off gel.

It keeps the crystal on and is perfect for 6/8 weeks easy. I had a set on from August to Jan (I know I'm naughty - didnt want to take them off and have naked toes but was too busy to do a new set :cry:).

Soak off is very easy too, 5 mins with a pad of acetone and foil wraped around the toes and the gel & crystals just slip right off.

I just do a thin base layer, cure, thicker layer and place crystals, cure and thin layer over the top to seal them in & cure.

I will be trying a set without the top layer soon as there is another geek who says they stay on just as well without the top coat and this means more sparkle.

If you search the site using the search bar you will find loads & loads of threads on crystal pedicures, with photos descriptions of how people do their sets, what they use to pick up crystals, if they top coat or not, if they use gel-shellac-resin to apply the crystals and many many more things.

Baggybear, where do you buy your cuccio pronto soak off gel from? Thanks

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

I've seen Cuccio in Alan Howard if you have a local branch near you?

I use cuccio pronto, I do think lock in layer, then a thicker layer add crystals, then I use NSI glaze and go as a top coat as it gives a fantastic shine.

KELSON

Does anyone know what sizes and type of crystals iv seen them on scatter crystals but don't know what type or size to for ?

Thanks a lot Baggybear, you don't seem to disappoint.:D

Latest posts

Back