Best make up to start out with?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candis

Reaction score
Hi I've just completed a bridal make up course and was wondering if someone can give me some tips or ideas on which make up to purchase I have everything I need just need foundation help!
I'm just starting out and only charging clients a little until my confidence has grown, so something not mega expensive but any ideas would be great
Thanks xx

two lovely foundations for me are art deco and barbara bort. why not give them a google?

I have tried both and love both.

tigi
xx

Thanks I had a quick look and can't see prices anywhere, again there are so many types of foundation which one in particular would u recommend? X
Thank you

If you are doing bridal then be conscious of what is going to look good on camera. I love Mac face anybody foundation for example, but it's dewy and can look shiny/sweaty in wedding pics, not a good look!!
The best foundation I use is mineral. It lasts pretty much all day and looks very natural. I would go for Lily Lolo or Bare ID minerals. Both great ranges though a close runner is maybelline! (sshhhh!!)
Ask them to show you how to apply it. You need a kabuki brush and to apply it in swirling circles.
Best foundation for a hard working bride!!
Xx

I too love Art Deco and think their sample sizes are great prices and good sizes. It lasts really well. Look up Art Deco and book them free of charge to come visit you and show their wares. No minimum order the last time I bought. I suppose it does add up but they are really good quality, but individually they are very good prices. Just they have so many goodies I want all at once! They have some really lovely loose powder fab for weddings. I have liquid mineral (but that looks dry on dryer skin); a moisturising liquid make-up which is delicious on dryer skins; and powder mineral which I just love for day time wear or for good skins. The eye shadows last so well all day and their eye primer is a snip and so good. Their phone number is 0151 421 1234. Caroline x

Oh also a little tip is use urban decay eyeshadow primer potion. It's a blinking fab base for eyeshadow with no creasing all day xx

Art Deco for me too. Their student kit is a great place to start and the quality of the make up is fantastic..:biggrin:

Claire

Last edited:
Thanks for the advise I can't see prices anywhere on interment in my searching! Do u know how much the student kit is by any chance?
Thank you c

hi
i bought art deco kit a couple of years ago think it was classed as a student kit but cant remember may be thats what i asked if they did at the time. if i remember correctly think it was around £120 but you get alot for that. there lipgloss clear was lovely and the range of lipsticks i wasnt to impressed with the colours of eyeshadows in the kit. also the foundations was lovely but all was really to dark for me so couldnt practise on myself.but i must say im kinda glow in the dark white lol.xx but they will come out to you and are usually at gmex hair and beauty show usually around september also there customer service i have always found really good.xxx:p

Latest posts

Back