Best soak off gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackie5829

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Can anyone recommend a good quality soak off gel,

Ive been using Bio Sculpture for years, its good but so expensive. :)

Thanks in advance.

I have been using Dashing Diva soak off gel. I really like the consistency of it. It is super easy to work with. I am not sure how much bio sculpture costs, but I do think that Dashing Diva is pretty comparable to other soak off's on the market. You can find it at www.dashingdiva.com/professional I have also used Light Elegance Soak Off. I have only used that once so far since I just got it, so I still have to find my niche with it. Hope this helps.

Calgel and Bio are nice, however I agree too pricey.

I just ordered OPI's Axxium, I havent used it yet but read it is pretty amazing!

Just ordered some more Acrygel from Michelle Porter and she sent me a free pot of their new soak off gel called Flexygel. It is the most gorgeous fushia (sp?) pink. Much cheaper than Calgel, and i', trained with them and have been using for 3 years. HTH:)

Biosculpture always comes up on top for me. Its pricey, but you get what you pay for!:)

I bought the Axxium soak off colour gel after attending one of opi's awareness days, initially just for curiosity, and must say, it's more than exceeded any expectations. (And I am hard to please).

I applied sets on two friends to assess it's wearability, and one month later it's still there on both of them, obviously lots of new nail growth, but still intact, and shiney.

At the end of march there are new colours coming out too....(and it really is dead simple to apply,and soaks off in less than 10 minutes with the foil method and heated mitts).

I'm charging £25.00 per set, and have three bookings already. Not tried it for toes yet, but I imagine that will be very popular for summer.

Christine

Bio Sculpture invest alot on advertising and it is the most popular form a customer point of view.

My clients come to me because they want Bio Sculpture, they beleive it is the best for their nails thanks to advertising. Which is probably is, but it is expensive.

I guess the extra you pay for the product yout get back in all the thousands that Bio Sculpture spends to promote their gels. It isnt a good impression to a client when you try and convince them a a cheaper product is just as good.

I've been using IBD soak off and buff off coloured gels. I find the buff off one chips off at the free edge (even after capping) and the soak off seems quite pale and wishy washy. I'm looking for a new make as well!! :)

Hi,

I'm also thinking of changing from Ezflow as well. I haven't tried their soak off yet but I use their buff off gel range. I have just spoken to Bio sculpture, and because I have trained already trained in gel, I would only have to do a conversion course----with a kit and it will set you back well over £500 but just a little less than £600. I think that's quite expensive considering I'm not doing a biginners course.

I've tried most other soak off gel's on the market and can honestly say they've pretty much all been an costly waste of money and time. Lack of pigment, lack of grip....no ability to extend & sculpt (unless using a buff off gel from the same supplier...what is the point of that?) and in the end if I'd have actually made more money, just sticking with Bio.

Yes, Bio is at the higher end of the market, but the support products are such good value that the price per set is literally pennies different, and given that I have pretty much 100% happy client base (sadly not something I can say about any other gel I've ever used), which is growing all the time with new clients requesting Bio Sculpture (never anything else...just Bio Sculpture) I'm sticking with it.....

As had been said...you get what you pay for!

Hi,

with a kit and it will set you back well over £500 but just a little less than £600. I think that's quite expensive considering I'm not doing a biginners course.

Yes, but what you get in the kit is well worth that amount of money and will earn it back for you in no time at all.

I think you could save a few pounds on that price if you buy a kit without a lamp....but of course that depends on whether your current lamp will cure Bio or not?

Latest posts

Back