Best tan for dancer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennyGillo

Reaction score
Hi my friends son is starting to compete in dancing competitions and is really doing well. His grooming is a huge part of the package as you are aware with the Strictly gang we love to watch. He needs a tan that is not going to transfer to his white shirts and stiff collars with sweating so much. Anyone have any experience with this?

I used to dance, and I never found a non transferable tan. Unfortunately it's just the nature of the beast! Your skin has been stained and so when you're sweating the cells lifting from the surface of your skin are stained too.

Good exfoliation before and after seemed to keep it to a minimum - I always used those scrubby gloves in the shower.

However a good soak in oxy action type stuff or hydrogen peroxide diluted usually lifted it straight off when I got home!

Rx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ecotan do a clear tan lotion.
I use it for brides so that it doesn't stain their dresses
However............ One bride said that she got a bit of brown staining around the armhole of her dress, but it came out after sponging it
It wasn't the lotion, but tanned skin that rubbed off on the dress.
It's a bit difficult to apt as you can't see where you've sprayed - but it's much better if you're wearing white.
It also develops to a lovely golden colour

Thanks for the replies I will pass on the info.

Hi my friends son is starting to compete in dancing competitions and is really doing well. His grooming is a huge part of the package as you are aware with the Strictly gang we love to watch. He needs a tan that is not going to transfer to his white shirts and stiff collars with sweating so much. Anyone have any experience with this?

Dancers normally want ultra dark tan (percentage and guidecolour) which means that there is always a risk of some rubbing afterwards.
We have found that the tantrix occasions (clear natural tan) works fantastic for those occasions as it is clear and thus perfect for weddings, proms and all occasions where you are afraid of colour staining the outfit! We have even tried it wearing a white shirt and it remained white!

Latest posts

Back