Best technique for matte gel nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sambo1986

Reaction score
Hi what are people doing/ using to create matte effect I've used bluesky matte top coat but don't think it's very good
Thanks

Hi what are people doing/ using to create matte effect I've used bluesky matte top coat but don't think it's very good
Thanks
I would use the matte top coat recommended for the system your using it will look fab xxx

I've found only one that is matte so far and that's CJP.
I get a great matte finish by using Barry m nail polish matte top coat over my gel polish top coat. Not a professional product however I haven't found one to match it yet

Great thank you

I would use the matte top coat recommended for the system your using it will look fab xxx
Thank you I use the edge but they don't have matte top coat that I've found xx

I've found only one that is matte so far and that's CJP.
I get a great matte finish by using Barry m nail polish matte top coat over my gel polish top coat. Not a professional product however I haven't found one to match it yet
I love this tip! Can I ask how long it last and does it compromise the gel polish in anyway? X

I use Gelish Matt and its amazing

I don't like any of the matte top coats. I feel that they get shiny after a few days.
I top coat the color with clear hard gel and buff it to matte using a fine buffer followed by a smoothing buffer. It looks great and the matte lasts

Attachments

• PicsArt_11-06-04.46.17.jpg
    PicsArt_11-06-04.46.17.jpg
    795.5 KB · Views: 149
Hi thanks for that that's what I thought of the matte top coats I've been trying to buff but can't get it so it doesn't look scratched

I tried the buffing method but my clients found that it scratched easily after they had left the salon

Last edited:
I buff as the system I use doesn't have a Matte top coat. Works brilliantly. I use one of these bad boys..
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1478526940.149279.jpg

It's a sinful blue 300/300 buffing block.
Works well for me!

Apply 2 layers of your chosen gel top coat (curing each one) then buff.

Latest posts

Back