Best tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C&G Beauty

Reaction score
What are the best tips to by for general nails. Is there one type if tip that you can use for most nail types?
Can anyone recommend I've spent a fortune in tips and haven't found one that I truly am happy with yet.

I am halfway through my CND Foundation course and I would say I have learnt that you should only use the tips that your chosen system sells, (that's not to say you CANNOT use others) but I think you get the best result for your Client this way and can then give them the guarantee that what they are paying for (nails that last) is what you are giving them .x. :biggrin:

Sorry but in my experience i dont agree.
The fit of the tip to the shape of the nailplate is the most important issue.
Whether the tip was made by the company that makes the acrylic is irrelevent.

I like pro impressions tips.

I am halfway through my CND Foundation course and I would say I have learnt that you should only use the tips that your chosen system sells, (that's not to say you CANNOT use others) but I think you get the best result for your Client this way and can then give them the guarantee that what they are paying for (nails that last) is what you are giving them .x. :biggrin:

There is no reason that some other tips would compromise your system as long as they are of the same material and quality ...

problems can arrise if you were perhaps tempted to buy really cheap tips made of acetate which cost peanuts ... neither adhesive or acrylic lasts well on these tips for several reasons ... They are very flexible and they are made with much more oil in the production which by definition neither acrylic nor EC adhesive nor the nails themselves responds well to.

So I agree with Susan in the case many brands of tips, I am pretty sure the educator would be trying to warn you against buying cheap acetate tips as I also always warned my students. The information is not actually irrelevant, it could be quite important if you chose the wrong type of tips.

To the OP and back on topic ............ the Velocity tips from CND are a fabulous tip and again for many reasons. They will fit 99% of your clients ... They have a micro contact area so normally very little tayloring needs to be done ... and they blend in a heartbeat which makes a tedious task very easy and quick ... and you can make them completely well-less if you wish by just cutting out the whole of the contact area with curved scissors which is a very quick so they are extremely versitile, and no need to buy yet another tip for that purpose ... they come in the colours of white, natural and clear and I adore using them.

There is no reason that some other tips would compromise your system as long as they are of the same material and quality ...

problems can arrise if you were perhaps tempted to buy really cheap tips made of acetate which cost peanuts ... neither adhesive or acrylic lasts well on these tips for several reasons ... They are very flexible and they are made with much more oil in the production which by definition neither acrylic nor EC adhesive nor the nails themselves responds well to.

So I agree with Susan in the case many brands of tips, I am pretty sure the educator would be trying to warn you against buying cheap acetate tips as I also always warned my students. The information is not actually irrelevant, it could be quite important if you chose the wrong type of tips.

To the OP and back on topic ............ the Velocity tips from CND are a fabulous tip and again for many reasons. They will fit 99% of your clients ... They have a micro contact area so normally very little tayloring needs to be done ... and they blend in a heartbeat which makes a tedious task very easy and quick ... and you can make them completely well-less if you wish by just cutting out the whole of the contact area with curved scissors which is a very quick so they are extremely versitile, and no need to buy yet another tip for that purpose ... they come in the colours of white, natural and clear and I adore using them.

Fabulous velocity tips are on my list this is exactly the info i needed, many thanks again Geeg

Latest posts

Back