Best way to apply glitter to tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenz82

Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondering if you could help me with the best way to apply ready mixed glitter powder to tips.

I've got CND iridescent glitter and want to apply as an overlay to the tip of the nail. I've practised on my trainer to see the results but I didn't think they came out too well and the glitter was hard to see. I did three different ways to compare....
1. placed a little white down first to give a white look underneath then applied glitter over top followed by clear
2. applied glitter to tip then clear over the top
3. applied glitter to tip then pink over the top

Not 100% sure im doing it right to get the best results. I still want the french polish effect but with the glitter showing through as well.

Any advise how I can make it better?

What colour tip are you using and what colour glitter?
I have some of CND's city of peace and I just apply it over the white tip like I would the white acrylic. In fact that's all I do with any of the pre mix glitter acrylics I use. If its one I've mixed myself then its a bit different
With a tip: Thin layer of glitter and then clear over the top.
With a form: Thin layer of clear, then thin layer of the glitter and then another thin covering of clear.
Hope this helps :hug:

Hi
I'm not using a tip, I'm using my natural nail and the glitter is a sheer irredescent mix.
I want to keep the french look with the white but have the sparkle too and wasn't sure if i should do a thin layre of white, then the glitter, then the clear?
If I were to use pink, would it dull the colour too much?

Hi
I'm not using a tip, I'm using my natural nail and the glitter is a sheer irredescent mix.
I want to keep the french look with the white but have the sparkle too and wasn't sure if i should do a thin layre of white, then the glitter, then the clear?
If I were to use pink, would it dull the colour too much?

I mix white with a little glimmer or the other one in zone 1, can never remember the name of it i'm afraid

Not sure what glitter powder you mean from CND, what do you call it?

I mix white with a little glimmer or the other one in zone 1, can never remember the name of it i'm afraid

Not sure what glitter powder you mean from CND, what do you call it?

Just remembered....Twilight. Is that how it's spelt? :eek:

Why not mix some twilight with your white powder? It looks lovely!

Latest posts

Back