Best way to combine a mani and pedi

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fifi La Fume

Reaction score
I have limited time on Friday to do a spa mani and pedi - my client only has 1hr 30 so I need to get both done in time and in a professional manner. Just now sure how to combine them. Should I soak her feet and when her feet is soaking file her nails etc?

Thanks

Is the time limitation yours or your clients? If it is you that is limited for time rather than the client, I think you should apologise to the client and expalin you will do your best in the time given and if necessary reflect it in the price.

(A) I would only do a standard manicure and pedicure. I also wouln't soak the feet for too long if time was against me.

The above would take about 1.5hrs.

(B) If the client really didn't want to compromise on the spa manicure, I would just do a mini pedicure.

HTHs x:)

I'm not sure if you mean your client only has 1hr 30 or you do?
I'm guessing you take about an hour each for luxury mani and pedi? So you couldnt really charge her full price. I would recommend one luxury treatment and a cut,file & polish on the other one.
If your clients happy to pay full price in this time then, yes...soak feet whilst alternating them xxx

Alternatively if you are applying a foot mask that is when you could start the fingers?

Thanks - she's the one that's limited on time...so I'll do my best and offer her a basic mani and pedi. She then wanted a reflexology pedi where I do the soak/scrub etc then on to the bed for reflexology and finishing with nail paint - this alone takes 1hr 30....

Which is worse, her feet or hands? I have a client who comes for a weekly mani/pedi (she is a godsend) But I do her nails for an hour and her ped for 45 mins, since her hands need more work.

My point is, just see which needs more work.

I always start with the manicure, because for me it's easier to make up time in the pedicure.

HTH's

I would have her feet soaking and start on the hands get base coat on and 1st coat take feet out dry add base coat and 1st coat go back to hands add second coat and top coat and finish the feet.

x

Thanks - she's the one that's limited on time...so I'll do my best and offer her a basic mani and pedi. She then wanted a reflexology pedi where I do the soak/scrub etc then on to the bed for reflexology and finishing with nail paint - this alone takes 1hr 30....
I think so too...an hour and half is no way enough time to do a full mani and pedi,especially with some reflex thrown in:eek:

You could do a Spa Pedicure and a regular manicure in that time. I would either:
- Do the feet first then after polish i would put some disposable slipper and do the manicure while the polish on the feet is drying (but remember her to get her own shoes on before the hand polish)
or
- Start with the manicure then just before the polish start soaking her feet, so that when i finished polishing her feet would be just about right to start, and her hand polish would dry while doing the pedi (this is probably the best option if she has open toed shoes that won't spoil the polish afterwards)

Latest posts

Back