Biased against hyopcrisy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
aaaaahhhhhh...... didnt see it!! lol thanks sassy x

Curiosity is killing this cat!

Don't mean to be nosy but would someone be kind enough to pm me and let me in on it, even though it probably has nothing to do with me.

Cheers
Sheryl

could someone please pm....

I understand the situation now. cheers guys

sheryl

OH for Gods sake, what is going on here, lately it seems that you cant have an opinion, or make a comment in a thread without someone calling for it to be closed, no one has said anything disrespectfull, so why make such a fuss. We are all grown ups for goodness sake:rolleyes:

Just in case you are wondering what I was waffling on about, someone said we should close this thread, then took their post off. which made me look like a complete Plonker.

In response to Jac, I deleted my post by accident whilst I was editing it, not because I wanted to renege on my opinion and certainly not to make anuone look stupid.

I stand by my original feeling that I just don't see the point in this thread continuing because I don't think it's very nice to be bitching about another site that is actually run and frequented by geeks because of comments made by a few people, regardless of the fact that it's being done out of loyalty to Sam.

If everyone's allowed their opinion on the thread presumably I am allowed to have my opinion too?

May I say, as one of the many who do not know what any of you are talking about, that I don't see anyone being lambasted (and certainly not by name which is the responsible approach) and to the select few of you who have the time to trawl the net comparing sites etc I can only say, I envy the lot of you because I DON'T have the time or the inclination and I'm the one who is supposed to be retired! :rolleyes:

Can someone please fill me in i'm totally lost! lol

I guess ill shut this one down now as the point has been made.

However being the grand nerd... I wont disappoint the handful of self exiled geeks that love to take any opportunity to dig by not leaving the last word.

I hope this is the last time I have to stick up for the hard work that has been put into this site to defend it against those who insist on carrying self imposed chips on their shoulders.

The Nail Geek is not about what products you use, what training you had, what colour your hair is... it is about a community of nail professionals that want to learn, teach, share, grow, and evolve new and old friendships.

Claiming that this site is biased toward a particular product range is moronic, short sighted and completely unfounded in reality. In the past when this claim was made, countless geeks all came to bat to say that they use a variety of differing systems and approaches and that it was untrue there was any bias existing on the site. Old 'chip on shoulders' love to ignore these facts, they also love to ignore that discussions generally reflect the market in general. In other words: they simply ignore any fact at all. They may as well be saying that 'The Nail Geek site address is www.buttcheese.com' (come to think of it, maybe thats where they are going which seems to explain a bit).

Of course I get rather touchy about this subject for a variety of reasons.

The biggest being that I would chalk this site up to being one of my 'life's work' kind of things. One of those things that people may remember about you long after you have shuffled off this mortal coil. That means I take a crap load of pride in what this site has done for the industry and therefore touchy when when losers take pot shots at it.
The other thing is that as Education Director for a major professional company, I could actually warp the hell out of things on this site to make it specifically benefit myself and the company I work for. Its pretty obvious to anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together that I don't do this in any way shape or form (at times to the chagrin of others).

Why? Because I don't need to twist things nor do I want to. Is it so freaking hard to believe that I do what I do (like many others here) simply because I think it helps?!? It gives me a buzz to think that I may have helped someone, somehow, somewhere in their chosen profession. Thats what giving, sharing, teaching and learning is about. That can not happen if there are ulterior motives.

There are biased sites out there. They aren't very hard to pick out. Sites that are bankrolled by companies that manufacture and/or sell products. thenailgeek.com isn't one of them as this site is bankrolled by me. Premium subscriptions help to offset some of those costs, GeekMart does too and when I can get time to finish up the advertising system (instead of writing posts like this), I hope that it will no longer have to be floated from my pocketbook.

Not everyone will find our community perfect for their needs. Those looking for a home to be biased, mean, unfriendly or unhelpful wont find much to do around here and are best pissing off. Thankfully, those negative nancy's generally do this which is unfortunate for other nail forum webmasters. To those other webmasters I offer my empathy - but ask for a little more respect regarding something that means so much to so many.

To everyone here, all I have to say is Geek on! While to those angry, bitter few (I call them Team NAG for you old timers out there), Geek off!

GMG out ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back