Big benefits row

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy106

Reaction score
Whos watched it? X

I'm watching it on +1 now
As someone who's been brought up by parents on disability benefits the subject always intrigues me

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I just watched the last 30 mins, to be honest it seemed a bit pointless. But it did shock me the £17 million paid out over the hour?!

I see both sides to the benefits argument, I know if I was to come out of work I'd be glad its there. Those who can but choose not to work (don't apply for jobs etc) 🙈 annoy me.

I had 4 part time jobs at one point to make ends meet, you do what you have too! Xx

The only people who dont deserve benefits are the ones who cAnt be bothered to work. Lazy so n so's. Ive worked since 15 had my daughter at 22and went straight back to work as a single parent part time. Yes benefits helped me in the form of childcare and working tax but i still went back to work. My boss even said to me i would be better off not coming back to work as i would be better off!

I thought it was pointless, I was really wanting to ask how people on benefits afford to smoke, drink have piercings and get new tattoos ! I've been on benefits a long while back for a short period of time when my husband and I split up and I know for sure I couldn't have done those things !

I'm watching it on +1 now
As someone who's been brought up by parents on disability benefits the subject always intrigues me

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

See, it depends on why people are claiming... I think the disabled shouldn't be classed as on 'benefits' as such. I care for a disabled lady & she panics at the slightest change, form, notification etc. & I feel for her, she has a debilitating life long condition, honestly she cant possibly work & nor is she doing anything wrong bless her. Xx

See, it depends on why people are claiming... I think the disabled shouldn't be classed as on 'benefits' as such. I care for a disabled lady & she panics at the slightest change, form, notification etc. & I feel for her, she has a debilitating life long condition, honestly she cant possibly work & nor is she doing anything wrong bless her. Xx

These are the people everyone should WANT to help, not the people who seem to have more than people that work !!!

I see all sides but with everything in life there's good and bad,it's a shame the bad ones give the bad names and rep, but that's life I suppose! X

And them saying elderly people take most the benefits. Well most have worked all 50/60 years of their lives, they deserve it!

I begrudge paying for the lazy sods who drink and take drugs, the women that have 6 kids by their mothers uncles brother and subsequent various random one night stands, and most of all the immigrants that turn up here a get everything handed to them with open arms. ... and to rub salt into the wounds the intelligent are penalised for being lucky enough to have some working brain cells. .. and have to pay double for all the others lack of hard work....WRONG!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
GIVE ME A JOB INNIT!
GIVE ME A JOB INNITT!

Sorry hehe made me laugh, im a bit disappointed Dee hasnt said much yet

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I believe that people who are disabled that can not work would need help from the benefits and they should get help.

i also believe that people who are job seekers should volunteer or do work for the council to 'earn' there money. That way they can give back to the community. I also think that instead of being handed cash which some spend on drink, fags, drugs, etc thay should be given vouchers for shops or sent food parcels or something along those lines. I may only be 22 but I have worked part time during school weeks, full time through school holidays and when I left school I have always had at least 1 full time job. I do believe most people can get a job but are not willing to work for little wages. I have worked for 9 years now and I'm only 22! My current job I was paid minimum wage, I worked 5 full days and half day Saturday and my first wage packet was £500 for a month, but I stuck with it . Worked my bum off and after 4 years have now more than doubled that first check and now on 1190 a month. You need to start at the bottom to work your way up!

I agree, when they had to re evaluate my mums disability she was terrified.
Shes had rheumatoid arthritis for 20+ years, epilepsy plus mental illness. Whats to re evaluate? She isnt getting better.
If they can be so tough on evaluating her why are there still benefit cheats?
Something just isnt right there.

And on a different angle, just because I was brought up like this didnt mean I thought id have an easy, similar life on benefits. I went out there and got a job at 15 and have had one since.
I dont believe theres "no jobs" just jobs people necessarily dont want.
You have to work from the bottom and I think people now a days want/expect to go straight into a well paid job and it just doeant work like that.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think that those who have put into the pot should be able to take out of it, only for a reason such as loss of job etc not just because they don't fancy working anymore. I also think disabled are definitely entitled but I think there are people who class things such as 'bad back' as a disability. I know a lot of disabled people who still work but i completely understand if they can't. I strongly believe that immigrants who can't speak a word of English shouldn't be able to come over here and immediately sign on, they should need to speak a good level of English and try to work. I work in social housing and I have met people who have lost everything due to job redundancy and had to turn to social housing as they have lost there home, of course these people deserve help from the gov. But those who sit and do nothing and don't want to work do not deserve anything.

What is a worrying trend is almost like hate crime towards people on benefits. Talking from experience the attitudes and words I've seen towards single mums/the disabled is horrible. I've know the police have to be called because a grown man went to the door of a woman and was shouting "I pay for your (insert derogatory word for a disabled person) child and threatened to hit her saying she is a benefit scum. Also a close friend cares for a disabled man and has had the most horrific things said about him and the fact his family have a car on the scheme that gives disabled family's cars so they can get around! Also the hypocrisy! The people who are working but claiming tax credits and free child care looking down on the ones who are out of work, I see it all the time. I am fully against fraud, and people who are on the dole and not actually looking fur work but picking on the weak and disabled how low can you actually go! A healthy body and mind is a privalage that should be celebrated as there are those that were born into awful circumstances and are not able to help them selves. I think yes there needs to be checks and changes when due but I'm taking here about the general attitude stirred up bye the government to make out all that claim are basically scum to justify taking away from the weak and disabled. So sad. I also can't understand how that woman said that food backs put shops out of business, so does that mean charity shops put clothes shops out of business. Oh pull the other one!! X

There are benefits that people just don't need.Not everyone should have child benefit I had it for years and if you like, it paid my gym membership.We should never have had it.
Same as winter fuel allowance what is the point of giving a millionaire that.

There will always be divides in classes of wealth that will never stop and this has been around for centuries. Anyone that has a disability, those that are elderly and the afflicted I believe, like most, deserve the help and support they are given. Poverty shouldn't even exist in this day and age but it does and it always will, sadly. I think the majority of people have a grievance against those that get something for nothing, those that help themselves and shouldn't and those that could help themselves ..but don't. It has always been said that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer whether it is within the law or not.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Same as winter fuel allowance what is the point of giving a millionaire that.

I think Alan Sugar tweeted about how he contacted the dept to tell them to stop giving him this allowance and they said they couldn't, it was automatically allocated.

Maybe if they looked at the system, they could make some much needed savings.

Some of my colleagues get riled when our patients on benefits show their superficial wealth in their spending. Yes they may have thousands in the bank and squander money daily, but I wouldn't swap places with them!

Oh I missed it last night !!!! Going to have to watch it on catch up tonight

When I was made redundant a few years ago from my office job, I decided to join a job agency and they got me a job doing data entry! Not the most interesting job in the world! But it paid quite well and I would rather be doing that then sat at home claiming benefits!
I was out of work for a grand total of 1 day! So all these people making excuses are lazy idiots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back