Big pay client, swaps all the time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodie-danielle

Reaction score
I have a lady who comes every 3 week and has all her nails, her toes and waxing done but is a stinker for moving her appointments the week she is in, she always books a Saturday which as any therapist knows get busy, but I don't know what I should say to her as she is giving me more than 48hrs notice.
She has her hair done with man next door who is as old as time every week and he has always moved and come in at silly times to accommodate her and has told me it was the worst thing he could have done.
I know we should help clients as much as we can but I don't want to let her think she has me on strings an ill move when ever she asks.
She has been coming a while but it's really starting to rile me now. She also makes her appointment with me but then makes hair appointment and moves me round him but he comes in at half 6 sometimes and I am NOT coming in that early.
I think I'm just ranting tbh as I don't know who else to rant to. How would any of you lovely geeks handle this? X

Its a really hard one as she is giving you notice and 48 hours is pretty reasonable but with such a big space it leaves it pretty hard to fill.

Can you speak to her about it? just explain the position you are in and that it is causing you problems with it happening so often.

Only other alternative I can think of off the top of my head is to say to clients who may want the same time that you may have the appointment come available and you will call them 48 hours before should your client cancel x not ideal I know but all I can think of just now xxx

it's tricky but all i can think is take a X amount non refundable deposit for saturday appointments?

If it is annoying you that much when she is booking in for her next appointment say to her that now you are getting to be quite busy that moving appointments is getting harder and could she should think carefully about when she wants to book in. If you can make her think it through before booking in then hopefully she won't need to move it.

If she rings to move it after this maybe you need to tell her you can't move it as your fully booked and if she can't make it at the boked time you will book her in for the next available appointment on Tue/Wed etc...

Hopefully she will see that you are busy and she has to choose her appointment time carefully in future to avoid having to move it - even though 48 hours notice is nice it would be a lot simpler to just book the correct time for her in the first place.

I agree...start taking a non refundable deposits for peak times (like saturdays). If she doesn't like that then maybe suggest that she call on the day she'd like to come and you'll try your best to accomodate her that way.

I have a client like this. She was booking a big time slot with me for deluxe facial, full leg wax and eyebrow wax and tint and was forever chopping and changing it.

At first I went along with it but eventually I decided that I just didn't need clients like this as I was either constantly rearranging my diary or having her cancel at the last minute :irked: it was especially difficult as she is an acquaintance of mine. So the next time she tried to reschedule I told her I couldn't do it and that maybe we should consider doing her treatments separately it was a lot of time out of my working day to either refill or reschedule. Well, she got the message and realised that actually my diary didn't revolve around her after all and has been good as gold ever since since she wants all her treatments done at the same time.

Because her hairdresser is happy to accommodate her then she probably assumes that you are too. Perhaps you should also try this tactic because it worked for me :D Either that or tell her to book in on the day if she wants an appointment (which worked well with another repeat offender of mine!). If you can take a deposit then consider doing that also.

HTH
PB
x

Next time she does it just say "ok no problem, my next available appointment is in 2 weeks is that ok?" Make sure that she knows that appointments with you are like gold dust and shes lucky to have one.
x

Thanks guys this has helped loads I agreed to move her and she replied saying thanks but then later in the day txt saying forget the swap ill keep my original appointment so I lied and said sorry I've already filled it, Saturdays are my busiest days so your gonna have to wait, she text back apologising for the changing and said she will keep her future apps, so we shall wait and see I guess x

Next time she does it just say "ok no problem, my next available appointment is in 2 weeks is that ok?" Make sure that she knows that appointments with you are like gold dust and shes lucky to have one.
x
Im with MisstyB I've had a few offenders which was getting my back up so I pulled this one and ever since they have been as good as gold :D I am really laid back and flexible but sometimes you have to think about what is best for you Xx

Latest posts

Back