Big Toe Nail Reconstruction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olabecee

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this foot is for a client that came to me 2 months ago and she had a shellac pedicure done by me. She's due to come back on wednesday and I was wondering what the best way is to build a nail for the big toe. Sorry if picture is not very clear, she only just sent it to me by text.
Any help on what to do would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• foot.jpg
    foot.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,402
We had a client who had her toenail removed surgically and my tech crafted an amazing "replacement" from Brisa. Once it was painted over you couldn't tell and the client was absolutely delighted as she was going on a cruise so wanted Shellac pedicure. She couldn't stop talking about how great it was.

Back home in England, she had been living with a stick on one her local salon had put on, you know the type you can now get in the chemist!

Thanks for the reply Jacqueline. Thought about doing that but wasn't sure if I can glue it to the skin. Can you please tell me exactly what she has done? Thanks

how about doing a minx !

Hi Tigan, thanks for the input but she doesn't have any toe nail on her big toe so how can I minx that?

It sticks to skin too, so you could create a nail and then just minx all the rest, no matter what you put on she will have to be more careful of 'that one'

stick a wee bit to your skin and you'll see what i mean

You can reconstruct a nail with acrylic by placing it directly onto the skin and mimicking what would be the natural nail. I have done this for a few of my clients-some with partial nails and some completely devoid of nail and it has always turned out perfectly.
If they are going away you can sell them a glue to stick the nail back on if it comes off (lots of swimming) or before constructing to the skin, place some foil on the toe-press into the toe shape and construct onto it. Then the client has a spare if the other comes off and she looses it.
x

I used to apply solar oil to the toe and then shape out of acryic a nail(sculpt) leave to set and this then pops off... She can then apply to skin with gel bond... U could make a spare too... Its no good in tight shoes tho but fab for open toes xx

Thanks for the reply Jacqueline. Thought about doing that but wasn't sure if I can glue it to the skin. Can you please tell me exactly what she has done? Thanks

My tech was lucky that although the nail had been surgically removed there was a tiny tiny bit growing where she started to sculpt the Brisa nail, the rest of it was directly on the skin. I am not sure it is the ideal long term solution to have it on the skin but for short term I would say it was worth it for the client in our case.

Thank you everyone for all the conrtributions. I think I might just reconstruct with gel as no longer offer acrylic and just shellac as she's requested. :biggrin:

I, for one, would love to see the after photos..

watching with interest and a thirst for learning....

We had a client who had her toenail removed surgically and my tech crafted an amazing "replacement" from Brisa. Once it was painted over you couldn't tell and the client was absolutely delighted as she was going on a cruise so wanted Shellac pedicure. She couldn't stop talking about how great it was.

Back home in England, she had been living with a stick on one her local salon had put on, you know the type you can now get in the chemist!

I think this is the best solution for your problem. :)

Wow! What a brilliant thing to be able to do. I for one would be so pleased you were putting south trouble into working out the best solution for me I I was the client. Please let us know how you got on. Good luck xx

I did it by gluing a full well natural tip on then blend as best u can and build the acrylic on that, its been on 7 weeks up to now

Latest posts

Back