BIGGEST REGRET - permanent tooth gem!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericabeebee

Reaction score
hi, im new to site,
can some one please help me...:cry:
when i was 15 years old, i was on holiday in turkey and decided to go behind my mums back and have a permanent, drillled in tooth gem at the dentist... i thought (at the time) it looked good.
however im turning 20 and have started training as a nurse and i want SO BADLY this tooth gem removed...i know it will leave a small hole in my tooth but i will get it capped at the dentist. i have tried picking it out, using a knife to scrape it out... im desperate now...does anyone have any ideas... im a bit nervous about going to the dentist to have it removed because i think theyll laugh at me. but if i have to do that i will do! does anyone know how much it will cost aswell? lately...im afraid to smile because i feel people are staring at my tooth rather than properly speaking to me!!

anyone who is deciding to have a tooth gem (permanent) i will advise against it!!! i had mine at 15 and totally forgot i was going to get older thinking it would have fallen out by now...but it hasnt!!!

Poor you.:hug:

The best thing to do would definately be to go to your dentist, there are ome out there who apply tooth gems so I'm sure they'll be able to remove one for you. Definately don't try a DIY job I would hate what to think might happen, never mind the pain!!!:eek:

Good grief! I didn't know there was such a thing, permanent, that is, I wouldn't have thought any dentist would offer such a service.

However, as 'Pure' has said, your own dentist is the place to go to get it removed and I'm sure they won't laugh at you (bite his/her finger if they do!).

Can't help with the price, I'm afraid.

Jackie

yeh there is permanent tooth gems...and it was quite big out in turkey...having a smile gem/tooth gem! they drill a tiny hole in ur tooth, not all the way through though, and a UV light is used to help the glue stick in place...and it lasts years. it cost me £20 to have done, probably £200 to have removed...knowing me.
if anyone wants a tooth gem...get a TEMPORARY ONE ONLY!!!
thanks for ur replies PURE and JACKIEMC
xxx much appreciated xxx

oooh I would definately go to the dentist sounds a bit too dangerous
to me to be trying to get it out yourself.
we all do silly things when we are young we regret, saying that I still do!

I'd say definitely refer this to a dentist; you could make a real mess of your tooth incurring more severe treatment and a more expensive dental bill if you try removing it yourself.

As all above have said ..go to the dentist, as you have said you will need to go in the end anyway to get the tooth capped or whatever, at least they will do minimal damage to the tooth so there will be less cost hopefully in the long run.
My temporary one came out 2 weeks ago, and I was going to go straight have another one put in, but now I have had a think about it I will give it a miss ..lol..
Good luck hunny :hug: xx

does it really look that bad, perhaps you are worrying too much.

you are still young too, i would think it still suits you.:)

They are probably just admiring it ..in my opinion i would leave it in as it seems to suit you as you have had it in a long time and i actually think they are cool.

if you want it out i would go to a dentist ,not sure of a price but it's better to have it removed painless and sensibly than risking further damage to your teeth and gums doing a DIY job.

Last edited:
The best thing to do is go to the dentist and get it removed. I am assuming the dentist is going to removed it, then attach veneers to your tooth to cover the whole. Veneers range from $500-$1000 dollars. It would take less then a day to perform the task.
I never even heard of a tooth gem. I knew rappers got diamonds and gold plates in their mouth, but I never heard of a small tooth gem. I had to look that up in Google. WOW

I doubt the dentist is going to laugh at you. The dentist would have to be an idiot to laugh at you because of something you did when you were a teen.
Its just like wanting to get a tattoo removed

Wish you luck

OMG, you would not believe how many rappers out here in LA have "grilles" and tooth gems! I think the membership is absolutely correct - get a professional to remove it, fill it in with white resin or veneer or cap it and don't look back! We all do silly things growing up - I don't dare mention all the crazy decisions I made! hugs, kelly

Sadley even tho i'm a ex dental nurse, i have never seen any patients coming in to have them removed. i would strongly advise not to try and remove it yourself and not with a knife:eek: .

go to the dentist's and see what they will say depending on where in you mouth it is and how big, you might not need to have a crown or veneer that seems mighty drastic for a small hole. you might be able to just get it filled with a light curing product matched to your tooth colour. A veneer would cost about £400+ but you might only have to pay about the same price as a small decorative filling which is about £90+...of course this depending on the dentist!

hope this helps

everyone has been so helpful!! thanks for your replies. i probably am paranoid! i want it removed cause im getting older now!! its served its purpose!! lol.

hi there i have two diamonds drilled in to my teeth and 4 times they have dropped out so i am not happy with mine at all the hole is not good you could trya white filling but i would leave it in i think they look nice. x best of luck:irked:
hi, im new to site,
can some one please help me...:cry:
when i was 15 years old, i was on holiday in turkey and decided to go behind my mums back and have a permanent, drillled in tooth gem at the dentist... i thought (at the time) it looked good.
however im turning 20 and have started training as a nurse and i want SO BADLY this tooth gem removed...i know it will leave a small hole in my tooth but i will get it capped at the dentist. i have tried picking it out, using a knife to scrape it out... im desperate now...does anyone have any ideas... im a bit nervous about going to the dentist to have it removed because i think theyll laugh at me. but if i have to do that i will do! does anyone know how much it will cost aswell? lately...im afraid to smile because i feel people are staring at my tooth rather than properly speaking to me!!

anyone who is deciding to have a tooth gem (permanent) i will advise against it!!! i had mine at 15 and totally forgot i was going to get older thinking it would have fallen out by now...but it hasnt!!!

Latest posts

Back