Bio Oil has any body used it ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arianne 5

Reaction score
I have a scar on my neck from a mole removal, it didn't heal that well and have comments in the past about it looking like a love bite :lol: Have seen this product advertised thought i might give it a go! Would be interested in a good cover make up aswell.

I have a scar on my neck from a mole removal, it didn't heal that well and have comments in the past about it looking like a love bite :lol: Have seen this product advertised thought i might give it a go! Would be interested in a good cover make up aswell.

I used it every day during pregnancy, and didnt get any stretch marks, so I do recommend it however I havent used it on any scars.

I brought a bottle of this yesterday and love the smell and feel of it on my skin,totally non greasy.

I have got mine to moisturise the skin not for scars but heard its excellant for scars,pigmentation,dry skin and stretch marks.

Watch this space,:lol:

I've used it after having my last baby and all though the stretch marks are still there they do look alot better, its nice as its not oily on the skin but smells lovely, I used the clarins oil while pregnant but couldn't stand the smell and was to oily.

I reccommend Decleor proalgene gel...my face was like a pizza in my early 20s and now im in my 30s ihave reaped the rewards.
I always put it onto patients during pregnancy along with Tonalastil oil,when i was nursing.

But you know i must look at this bio oil,everyones raving about it...lol:lol:

my friend has a scar on his face and he has been using it. It looks so much better. it's not a miracle cure but i think if he uses it a bit longer it will look barely noticeable!!

My daughter uses it on a Burn Scar and Skin Graft Scar it is making a difference but it will take constant use over a long time.:hug:

i love bio oil !!
i have used it for the past year and half on two scars after op last year and must say it has made them almost invisable.i must say my nose isn't so keen on the smell but it's nothing bad just not my smell i guess.
also the best thing about it is lasts so long as it costs about £7-£12 then it is good value. it gets a big thumbs up from me:)

i too used it when i was pregnant- was trying the prevention rather than cure! it has many regenerative properties and is very nourishing to the skin. it may be alittle more pricey than some oils out there, but it is definatley worth a try.:)

I love the stuff and use it every day. Applied on damp skin at night before going to bed, it leaves your skin so hydrated in the morning.

I've used Decleor Prolegene gel previously to this, but have to say, the Bio Oil, in my opinion is brilliant (plus a lot cheaper)!

Definitely give it a go. :hug:

:) Thanks everyone for your replies am using bio oil now on my scar and am also putting a few drops in my bath. Will wait and see what the results are am loving the stuff:)

I love the stuff and use it every day. Applied on damp skin at night before going to bed, it leaves your skin so hydrated in the morning.

I've used Decleor Prolegene gel previously to this, but have to say, the Bio Oil, in my opinion is brilliant (plus a lot cheaper)!

Definitely give it a go. :hug:

Just because something is cheaper doesnt mean that it will work better,and for me this is false economy....so we will agree to disagree on this point ,although i know budget is of some...:)

Just because something is cheaper doesnt mean that it will work better,and for me this is false economy....so we will agree to disagree on this point ,although i know budget is of some...:)

I didn't say that one was better than the other. Just stated that I'd used both.

The thread was regarding Bio Oil, and this is what I based my answer on.

Again, just because something is more expensive, doesn't make it a better product, as we all know.

My personal results with Bio Oil have been fantastic as have my friend's who had a large scar on her abdomen following surgery at the end of last year.

The best advice here is try both and go with what suits you and your budget. :hug:

Latest posts

Back