Bio sculpture base and top gel confusion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bexi

Reaction score
Hey

I sent one of my therapists on the bio sculpture gel course and she came back saying that the trainer had said only to use s-gel and clear gel, not to worry about the other types. I read in the bio sculpture group about problems with s-gel and that some geeks didn't use it for that reason but I got completly lost in the conversation.

Could someone clear it up for me?

Thanks

Becki xxx

There are quite a few gels within the range and it can be confusing at the start.

I don't like s-gel.

For hands, I use clear + 2 x colour + sealer gel to finish.

For toes, I use 2 x colour + sealer gel to finish.

I am sure there are some more experienced geeks who will come up with more advice but the above is what works for me. HTHs x

S-gel is fab it stops any discolouration and keeps nails strong. Im using it loads in the summer as im doing alot of lighter colours and french.
remember to cure it for 4minutes at the end x

S-gel is fab it stops any discolouration and keeps nails strong. Im using it loads in the summer as im doing alot of lighter colours and french.
remember to cure it for 4minutes at the end x

I didn't know s-gel would help prevent discolouration. I have had a problem with the pinks fading. Does s-gel prevent this completely?

Hi Christine

What is the thing you dislike about s-gel compared to the sealer gel?

Becki xxx

Hi Christine

What is the thing you dislike about s-gel compared to the sealer gel?

Becki xxx

The fact that you have to cure it for 4 minutes for a high shine and it seems a harder finish too. I also found (but it may be my lack of skill) that it still wasn't as shiney as I would have liked and still tend to put some Biosculpture top coat on to finish.

I always use s-gel apart from on toes where i use sealer gel. i also still apply top cost after curing the s-gel, just because i like too and just incase the client wishes to paint a different colour over the top so it acts as a protective layer between polish and the gel.

HTH.

I dont use clear gel on hands at all as it yellows like there is no tomorrow.

French - sealer gel, french white x 2 thin coats, s gel (medium layer), then sealer. Sealer cures in one minute.

Colour - sculpting gel as a base (makes the colour sit nicely on the nail and better than clear or sealer gel to me), x 2 colour and sealer.

Toes - clear gel, x2 colour and sealer.

You have to lightly buff the s-gel, then apply your sealer for a nice finish on French's.

Hope this helps.

thank you all for your help.

I know I should start a new thread but if anyone has any advice on some who has silk wraps that don't budge but when gel is applied they fall off would be much appriciated.

Becki xxx

thank you all for your help.

I know I should start a new thread but if anyone has any advice on some who has silk wraps that don't budge but when gel is applied they fall off would be much appriciated.

Becki xxx

Make sure you don't drag the silk when applying the gel and you should be ok.

Latest posts

Back