Bio sculpture buddy/advice required

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teddy1981

Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently training with bio sculpture, I have started doing sets of nails in the evenings/wkend but I am losing confidence :eek: as I am having difficulty doing a nice set of overlays and soaking off the gel. I have only done approx 8 sets so far. What I really need is an experienced bio tech who could watch me do a set of nails/soak off and show me where I am going wrong, I would of course be willing to pay for their time - is anyone interested? I could travel :biggrin:

It would be nice to hear your views in general - should I not charge anything until I get the perfect set of nails or is it ok to charge a reduced price to just cover my costs of gel, petrol etc?

HELP!

Are there no videos to help you that you can watch and learn technique?

Hi,

I am currently training with bio sculpture, I have started doing sets of nails in the evenings/wkend but I am losing confidence :eek: as I am having difficulty doing a nice set of overlays and soaking off the gel. I have only done approx 8 sets so far.

What difficulties specifically are you having with overlays and soak off?

What I really need is an experienced bio tech who could watch me do a set of nails/soak off and show me where I am going wrong, I would of course be willing to pay for their time - is anyone interested? I could travel :biggrin:

We have both Biosculpture and Service Swap social groups on the site, which you may wish to join so that you can also re-post your questions there.

It would be nice to hear your views in general - should I not charge anything until I get the perfect set of nails or is it ok to charge a reduced price to just cover my costs of gel, petrol etc?

It is quite acceptable whilst training, to make a charge for the cost of materials you are using.

HELP!

In addition to the Bio social group, the search facility will also give you access to numerous posts and threads relating to Biosculpture and Bio trouble-shooting.

Are there no videos to help you that you can watch and learn technique?

Geeg is right. Biosculpture will have provided you with a dvd and handbook with your Bio course kit.

hi, I received a training manual with my bio kit but no dvd, is this something I can buy from bio?

I am having difficulties with the soak off - I am filling the gel to try and break the seal of gel however, I am not sure if I am buffing with a file enough as when I soak using remover, wonderwipe and foil the gel is not totally all coming off and it feels like I am having to scrape the gel of the nail - which I am paranoid of doing as I don't want to damage someones nails.

Gel application:

having difficulties getting a smooth shiny finish.

getting straight side lines and a nice gel finish around the cuticle area.

Do people use executive base/vitamin dose with no buffing to the natural nail - this is what bio taught me in training but all the nail techs who have ever done my nails in the past buff my natural nail never use executive base and use acetone to prep and remove the gel. which is correct?

hi, I received a training manual with my bio kit but no dvd, is this something I can buy from bio?

I am having difficulties with the soak off - I am filling the gel to try and break the seal of gel however, I am not sure if I am buffing with a file enough as when I soak using remover, wonderwipe and foil the gel is not totally all coming off and it feels like I am having to scrape the gel of the nail - which I am paranoid of doing as I don't want to damage someones nails.

Gel application:

having difficulties getting a smooth shiny finish.

getting straight side lines and a nice gel finish around the cuticle area.

Do people use executive base/vitamin dose with no buffing to the natural nail - this is what bio taught me in training but all the nail techs who have ever done my nails in the past buff my natural nail never use executive base and use acetone to prep and remove the gel. which is correct?

The correct method is how the company teaches you.

Try buffing a little more thoroughly before removing and/or leaving the wraps on longer for complete removal.

Smooth shiny finish comes when you learn to use a light touch and the right amount of product.

Your straight side Walls and perfect perimeter comes with using the right polishing and brush techniques.
I 'off load' the majority of the colour from my brush onto the body of the nail, and then use the brush, which now has less product on it, to do the perimeters of the nail. Using this technique ensures a smooth thin perimeter with no bulky build up of the gel.
HTH

Biosculpture used to do a video but stopped doing this about a year or so ago as they were having problems with people copying them etc!

TBH, a lot of it is practice. learning techniques will help, but really, you need to keep going, learning how to handle the brush and the product.

I was never taught to buff the natural nail before application. Biosculpture don't include this in their nail prep either.

I follow Biosculptures current practice, vitamin dose and executive base with no buffing. Are you saturating your cotton wool enough before wrapping in foil. Also try putting a heat pad over the nails e.g a wheetie bag. I also leave them on for the full 20 minutes. Another thing is you could be applying the gel too thick in the first place which makes removal harder. I also find more dehydrated nails harder to soak off. I have a client who I made use cuticle oil religiously for a month after finding soak off hard (she had been using a really drying nail varnish at home before the biosculpture) and then when I next biosulptured her nails the soak off was easy and her nails still looked great.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back