Bio Sculpture, cant decide how much to charge????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

titi

Reaction score
Please all of you Bio girls and boys, help me to decide how much to charge.

Really am not sure!
Still training, still havent took my exam, but have become better, and getting few new clients.

How much for:
1) full sculpture with french
2)full sculp with other colour
3)full sculp with clear
4) clear overlay
5)french overlay
6)french refill
7)colour refill
8)soak off
9)tips

Just today, i refilled french overlay for a client for the first time. she was really pleased, and will come again. she told me shes going to notify a few of her close freinds about me, and they will come.
she then asked how much?
For her, (as i know her) iv asked for &10.00
i dont personally think its enough, and need your help

i work from home

Thanks to all of you

Do you have insurance to cover you for this work?
Can't tell from your profile if you are already a nail tech qualified in other systems, this is the reason I ask.

Do you have insurance to cover you for this work?
Can't tell from your profile if you are already a nail tech qualified in other systems, this is the reason I ask.

Haya,

I am not a nail tech yet, havent done any other system, only Bio.
As i said, still training, and will get insurance.
Why?

Thanks

You need insurance if you are going to work on clients mate, or does your student insurance cover you? From college etc.

You really do need to a/ get insurance if you are going to work on the public at all, so Judy is 100% right to raise this as a concern, and b/ get your Bio assessment done (albeit not in that order!) I know that Bio Sculpture are getting concerned about the amount of techs that buy the kit and don't do their assessment, and as such are looking at cutting people out from supply after a period of time. And to be honest I do support this, as otherwise there could be anyone working on your nails regardless of skill and qualification.

Until then I can only advise you charge student prices....which for me were from about £10 for basic overlays to about £20 for full sculpts.

However after qualifying you should be able to start putting these prices up. I now charge from £25 for simple overlays upwards.

You need insurance if you are going to work on clients mate, or does your student insurance cover you? From college etc.

Thanks mate,

I know i have to get insurance. For the moment im only working on freinds, and so im sure there wont be a problem. I will get one for sure though, once i start to advertise properly, and passed my exam.

For the moment i just would like to know, how much to charge my freinds for a preaty good job, yet not properly qualifed yet.

You really do need to a/ get insurance if you are going to work on the public at all, so Judy is 100% right to raise this as a concern, and b/ get your Bio assessment done (albeit not in that order!) I know that Bio Sculpture are getting concerned about the amount of techs that buy the kit and don't do their assessment, and as such are looking at cutting people out from supply after a period of time. And to be honest I do support this, as otherwise there could be anyone working on your nails regardless of skill and qualification.

Until then I can only advise you charge student prices....which for me were from about £10 for basic overlays to about £20 for full sculpts.

However after qualifying you should be able to start putting these prices up. I now charge from £25 for simple overlays upwards.

Lyndsay, i thank you so, for your advice. its precisly what i needed to hear, and what i had in mind anyway.
Thing is you know, at Bio they encourge us to work on as many clients as we can, and charge too, even before weve took our exam.
I will get insurance for sure, by the way, have you got a suggestion for me where to get my insurance? obviously i know of BABTAC, but is there anyone else good and affordable?

The prices that you quated for me, sound great

Thanks so much

I will get insurance for sure, by the way, have you got a suggestion for me where to get my insurance? obviously i know of BABTAC, but is there anyone else good and affordable?
Hi hun...............Professional Beauty are very reasonable so try them. You've obviously going about things the right way with training etc. With regards to insurance, EVERONE needs insurance to work on the public..............even to wax an eyebrow, not just nail techs.

Good luck. x

Yep, I'd suggest prodessional Beauty as well. Check with your Bio educator as well....I seem to remember Bio once had a deal going with Pro Beauty or someone similar, that gave a discount. Certainly worth it if its still on.

Thanks all for your advice, i will try professional Beauty.

Latest posts

Back