Bio Sculpture course, should I have bothered?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used Bio for 10 years and do enjoy it but the minute CND bring out a soak off gel I will be hanging up the Bio products and moving on without a second thought.

Bio professionals have been loyal to them for years without much back in the way of 'love and respect' :wink2:

I am holding my breath and patiently waiting for an amazing new gel product from CND.

Feeling rather speechless with some of the posts here .

IF it wasn't for Bio Sculpture, we wouldnt have these soak off gels that we do. Bio is an amazing product that has come a long way & remains as fantastic as ever. It if anything has helped other companies pave a way to come up with things similar but IMO not exactly better. Why users of Bio are venting about the product, when they have clearly made substantial profits from use of it because it really is good is beyond me.

There is room in the market place for a little bit of everything & I am tired of listening to people here having a right old dig at Bio Sculpture Gel when the only thing going wrong is disgruntled, so called Bio Technicians putting the iron rod in.. Are they from a competititor company just spreading malicious tripe ??? Who knows....

Ambassadors commenting on this forum for CND will obviously protect their products & speak fondly of it, but CND is not the be all & end all. Neither is Gelish, NSI, or Calgel etc. All Shellac has done is flood the market place with good advertising, but not necessarily given the market place a brilliant all round product.

I can only suggest that all you guys n girlies do your research, and don't get carried away with thinking that all CND products are only the best. There are plenty of other good products out there. Bio Sculpture just happens to be one of the best, if not the Best.... :Love:

Here's the way I see it. Take Aveda, it is a great well known company. They do hair care, skin care and cosmetics. I like their skin care, but I choose to buy kerastace hair care and mac make up. I made those choices as an individual. For me one size does not fit all. I apply this rule when choosing the right products for my salon. Back to the original topic. If you believe in the product and work hard I'm sure it will pay dividends in the long run.

Ive loved it from the very first day i received the starter kit from course .. I have tried many other soak of gels from other salons and nothing comes close . Not only by the strength it gives but the condition of my nails is a lot lot better since using the product . Wont ever look back :) it might be a little bit more expensive to have done but it takes longer for therapist and there is a thorough preparation of the nail . Clients will pay the extra for the benefits of bio sculpture . Disheartens me when people compare it to 'gel polishes' when its nothing like them its all about educating the client the difference between the two . In salons id had other gels applies it was a quick rushed job file buff application then under LED in out within 20 minutes resulting in nail lifting after couple days ... Try work with it im sure it will grow on you.

Sorry for the long post lol
Louise

You are absolutely entitled to your views.

And so is everyone else.

And I am not necessarily opposed to some of your views.

I have been using Bio Sculpture for 10 years and indeed it is an excellent product.

I have not however been able to retire just yet on the profits :wink2:

I am not aligned to any training company. Nor am I affiliated in any way with CND.

I have been frequenting this site for a couple of years and have read many many posts from geeks asking for information and help. The guys from CND and SweetSquared hardly ever fail to offer their experience and assistance.

They obviously do have a bias toward CND products but this site exists BECAUSE of SweetSquared's close affiliation with them.

This has led me to realize just what an amazing pair of businesses they are. And with a range of top quality products that cannot be denied.

Bio Sculpture bought out the first soak-off gel ... fabulous, and I love it.

But is that really enough? Is it enough to just have a great product?

They have been able to dominate the market for years and maybe because of that felt they didn't really have to consider their clients (Me. And you.) as much as they could have done with a good customer service package.

There are quite a few other players in Bio Sculpture's particular market right now along with the gel polish market and they just don't seem to be realising that their position at the top is no longer safe.

Users of soak-off gels now have choices, lots of them. And that helps to balance out the power just a little bit.

So if CND, a business that many people seem to trust and have faith in, were to offer the nugget-of-gold that is an amazing soak-off product to rival Bio Sculpture with a hefty dose of love and respect thrown in ... does that really make them villains and traitors if they wish to to jump ship.

Or does it mean that we are finally able to vote with our feet.

Still loving Bio though ok :Love: But just not enough to stay with them if CND come up with the holy grail.

Peace and respect sleeping beauty :Love::hug: :cool:

xxx

Absolutely 100% agree JacquelineAnna.

Bio is an amazing product that I have used and loved and been successful with for 8 years.

But despite spending thousands and thousands with them over the years, the customer service they offer is just poor.

I hope they visit this site to see the great example that S2 set, but the feeling I get is that they are disinterested in what their clients want, and if we are happy.. Just as long as they are selling us plenty of products.

If CND bring out a rival soak off gel with the same colour range.. I would also seriously consider a move.

Time for Bio to up their game!! Many of us seasoned Bio Techs already use numerous CND products to complement the service we offer, so the jump to being a CND Tech is really not that big x

I'm a Bio trained nail tech, and have never used any other product.

As lozenja stated, here in Australia, I can walk into my local distributor of CND, (Who does also supply a few other brands also) and buy straight from the shelf, no certificate or training evidence required.
I have been there in store while 2 teenage girls purchased Shellac to do their friends nails at a slumber party!

The staff there know I do Bio, and constantly run the product down and always try to hard sell me other products/systems, (I only purchase nail art supplies from them)

I discussed this with my Bio suppliers, and they stated this is why they will not make their product available to others to distribute.
I LOVE this about Bio, and I have always found the training and support fantastic.

I know there are lots of fab systems available, and as I haven't used them I can't pass judgement, but I'm very happy with Bio, and won't be looking elsewhere for the next best thing!

I switched from Bio to Shellac but I am thinking of offering both if the new Bio LED lamp lives up to expectations. I think Shellac is a fantastic product but could do with an LED and matching polishes. Bio offers this plus the option of extensions and wraps. It does not seem to have the DIYers so much as you can only get it once you have trained and bought the kit plus I have not seen Bio Bluesky:lol: on Ebay. It is harder to remove but offers more resilience. These are both truly amazing products for different reasons but I guess we all want the holy grail.

Thank You all for all the replys. It has certainly made for interesting reading !
Sorry if it has caused abit of controversy. that was never my intention.
As i said I 100% believe that Bio is a fantastic product (would not of paid £500 for the course if I didnt !)
I also think Shellac is a FANTASTIC ! My fear was that Bio has been shadowed in the market place by other products and clients were Choosing these other options ?
Anyway I will endevour to be the best that I can in both and hopefully business will be good on both :biggrin:

i know the difference between Bio and shellac and i don't use bio but didn't Bio even get a whiff of what CND were about to launch?

I think they were asleep at the wheel.

CND blew them out of the water when they launched Shellac...i had never even heard of Bio before that...

much like the publishers who rejected JK Rowlings books.....sickened!

Latest posts

Back