bio sculpture gel fading in the sun

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Hi all

I have a few clients on Bio sculpture coloured gels.

I have noticed that in the sun or with suncreams, chlorine etc the colours can fade.

however....i had a client come last night i put a pink on her toes b4 her hols and she came with CLEAR GEL LEFT ON HER TOES:eek: .

ALL colour pigment had gone from the gel.

HOW ODD? im going to put a compaint into bio on monday has anyone else had this? I've had fading which clients can handle, i've even seen marbelling but the WHOLE COLOUR GONE? I wouldnt be happy if i had paid to have my toes done and this happened on my hols.

Forgot to say..she cant swim so it wasnt the chlorine or the sea

Amb x

Do you put a topcoat gel on I find uv30 fab for stopping any fading but saying that I dont use Bio gels.

Sure she has not replaced what you put on while on her hols? Is she after a freeby? I have never come across this! I have a few ex bio clients that talk about products but never fading.

nope she has defo not mucked about with it whilst on holiday my rhinestones were still firmly in place just no colour at all left in the gel.

SHe is a family member too.

How strange
I would be interested to know what bio say when you complain! Do keep us updated.

just out of interest its number 2027.

Thing is i wore coloured gel on my toes..a different colour whilst away and this 'started' to go too.

I darent put anything but my good old faithfull brisa french toes on anyone going abroad now.

amb x

Is 2027 one of th new colours?

I've never came across this at all. To be honest though, I have been sealing all my holiday toe gels with trilite (Akzentz).

Whatever happened, for example use of suntan lotion or exposure to sun, the colour should not have changed. Bio is known for very pigmented gels, (dense colour).

The only problem I had with bio was that the French Rose (french pink) turned a creamy colour.

I'd complain if I were you. Goodluck and let us know the result.

Have you noticed your White, Clear andRoyal gel is going yellow? Especially with clients that are sun bathers? I put the top coat on after and it is still going yellow. I haven't used any other colours much and haven't noticed any other problems, sorry to be realy not much help.

Wow wow wow Im so pleased to read this Amber - I have exactly the same prob with the same colour and it all started last year ! Bio wont have it at anyprice.

Ok Last summer I had 2x ladies with it on their toes and boy was I surprised to see 3 weeks later that they were pale (and I mean PALE pink). I grilled them etc about what they had been doing and nothing seemed to spring out. So I then did 2x sisters who went on hol, one wearing 2027 and one wearing a blue colour. the blue came back as it left and the pink ? nearly white ! Both been on hol together doing exactly the same thing, same amount of swimming etc. I rand bio and said I thought I had a dud pot but noooooo !. I am of course very nervous of using that colour now so nobody had it all winter and just this summer a friend wanted it so I agreed to use it on her but warned her that I thought it might not be 'quite right'. We watched it carefully and lo and behold it bleached out nearly completely. So now I was 100% certain it was the pot of gel, I spoke to one of the bio trainers only 1 month ago about it but nooooooooooo that cant be - she had never heard of anything like that happening. Of course by now they wont be interested in refunding on this pot of gel (I didnt use it all winter remember). So Amber I think there must have been a dud batch out there, feel free to mention my probs etc if you ring ......im thinking of ringing again now cos I did bring it up twice before about it !

Also just to note...........have various ladies away abroad etc with various other colours and they come back looking fabulous till the bitter end so Im so sure its that pot.

Was thinking I was going mad till I read your post - yeay !

AND ANOTHER THING ....(!)..............because of this these two ladies dont really want gel toes anymore - they are very polite etc about it but just go for the norm pedicure etc, they have lost faith really but are too polite to say Im sure and for that I feel Ive let them down. Every time I use a new colour I do so with some tepidation just in case....................so now Im convinced it was a dodgy batch. Hrmph !

Can't comment on the Bio, but if you feel less than confident with a new product then trial it on yourself and one faithful client. That's what I always do, I make sure I've road tested it to make sure I have 100% confidence in it, otherwise it can cost your reputation dear. Quite a few things I've bought have failed my road testing.

i actually swapped over to calgel about 3 months ago because i was getting so hacked off with bio.

It is a very very similar gel, but in my opinion much stronger and easier to file.

I havent had any of the colours fade either.

Amb xxx

Dont you just hate it when clients wont try anything again that they had a problem with...its annoying to say the least...
To rectify sometimes I have offered to do something FREE just to reassure that it was a one off but even then they sometimes wont go for it...

MINKUS said:
i actually swapped over to calgel about 3 months ago because i was getting so hacked off with bio.

It is a very very similar gel, but in my opinion much stronger and easier to file.

Amb xxx

Is Calgel as rubbery as Bio? Haven't tried it yet.

ADiva1 said:
Is Calgel as rubbery as Bio? Haven't tried it yet.

nope it seems to file MUCH BETTER

Hey, I was at my educators today and she mentioned this to me. There were two colours affected and 2027 was one of them, cant remember the other one:rolleyes: !
Anywho, she said that they are fine to use if the client is staying in this country but no good in foriegn countries. The only thing she suggested to prevent it was to take the nail out of the lamp as soon as 2 mins is up. She did also say that if you take the pot back to your distributor you should be able to get a refund, as long as its not the last few dregs!!

ok...daft question...i did 2027 on one of my clients...she has just come back for an infill and has gone for no 61.....obviously i buffed down the 2027 and infilled with it...then continued with two coats of 61. Will the 2027 underneath (even though buffed down) affect the 61....she is going away.

sorry if this is a really stoopid question.

gucci906 said:
ok...daft question...i did 2027 on one of my clients...she has just come back for an infill and has gone for no 61.....obviously i buffed down the 2027 and infilled with it...then continued with two coats of 61. Will the 2027 underneath (even though buffed down) affect the 61....she is going away.

hmmmm good question, i would think that as you have 'covered it' with 61 it shouldnt happen - but i couldnt be certain - maybe a call to bio may help?

ambx

MINKUS said:

Amb xxx

How does Calgel compare...apart from being easier to file? ie, price, colour range, lifting , is it soak off or buff off, and workability??

I find bio really easy to apply...is it the same principle?

thanks

gucci906 said:

It should be ok with number 61 over it - and 2 coats at that...

gucci906 said:
How does Calgel compare...apart from being easier to file? ie,

• price, not much in it slightly dearer but they do do an offer buy 5 pots (4ml) get one free
  • colour range,fab some are almost the same as bio lots and lots of colours to choose from
  • lifting ...never get lifting with bio or calgel
  • is it soak off or buff off soak off but you can buff it thin unlike bio
  • and workability?? fab nice and easy like bio
I find bio really easy to apply...is it the same principle? YEP

thanks

HTH

Latest posts

Back