Bio Sculpture Gel HELP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missyg

Reaction score
Hi there, I just started working at a salon that uses bio sculpture and Lcn. I'm LCN trained so I don't have any problems there, but I've never used bio sculpture before. I need to know the step by step applications for overlay and color. What is the difference between clear gel and royal clear gel? Is the royal a top coat/sealant? I'm a bit confused, so any help would be much appreciated. I know that it is always best to take the actual training with the company itself, but that is not possible at the moment. Any help is much appreciated!
Thanks!

Hi there, I just started working at a salon that uses bio sculpture and Lcn. I'm LCN trained so I don't have any problems there, but I've never used bio sculpture before. I need to know the step by step applications for overlay and color. What is the difference between clear gel and royal clear gel? Is the royal a top coat/sealant? I'm a bit confused, so any help would be much appreciated. I know that it is always best to take the actual training with the company itself, but that is not possible at the moment. Any help is much appreciated!
Thanks!

Hi, I work with bio sculpture gel in norway. I have never heard about "royal clear gel", so we only use "clear gel". Always the first layer with clear gel to protect the natural nail. And then you can use sealer gel or s-gel. When did you take a course in bio sculpture gel? I Hope this was in any help:)

i think the royal gel is what we call s gel here.
i believe there are some step by steps on the biosculpture website.
in the u.k bio do not let techs buy their gel unless they do their traing.

We have S Gel in Canada still called S Gel. I believe Royal Clear is referred to as Sealer Gel in the UK.

Royal Clear yellows less than the clear. Some feel the clear has more strength but my distributor says the only difference is the tendency of R to yellow less. Having said that I have never owned the clear so can't say personally...

So I use RC for my initial layer, then S Gel to build strength. If doing colour I use RC as the final layer, but for french I like S Gel because it doesn't yellow at all. It is more challenging to get a nice shiny finish with S Gel, though. I find applying it a bit thicker does the trick.

Good luck!

Have you tried Bio's website for help.

We have S Gel in Canada still called S Gel. I believe Royal Clear is referred to as Sealer Gel in the UK.

Royal Clear yellows less than the clear. Some feel the clear has more strength but my distributor says the only difference is the tendency of R to yellow less. Having said that I have never owned the clear so can't say personally...

So I use RC for my initial layer, then S Gel to build strength. If doing colour I use RC as the final layer, but for french I like S Gel because it doesn't yellow at all. It is more challenging to get a nice shiny finish with S Gel, though. I find applying it a bit thicker does the trick.

Good luck!

i wonder what their reason is for for calling it a different name ?

Latest posts

Back