Bio sculpture gel- Tips or sculptures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megdav87

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have been doing biosculpture for a few months now. Up until now I have been mainly doing overlays and encouraging clients to grow their natural nails due to how long in takes me to do sculptures.
Sculptures can take me approx 3 hours or more and I worry this will annoy the client. I also find that they tend not to last that long...less than a week.
I would like to feel able to add length for people especially when they have special occasions and have short stubby little nails.
On my Bio course we were only ever taught sculptures but after talking to a few people they prefer tips as they think they are quicker and less of a faff. Is this true??
I was wondering what people's opinions are on whether tips could be stronger and last longer?also be quicker and easy to apply??
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am quite new to nail enhancements!
Thank you!!!

Just to let you know there is a bio sculpture group and i'm pretty sure this is covered in there :)

Hi biosculpture now do a tip training course! Also do you add a layer of s gel over the sculpture before applying colour/ French this I have found make them solid! I have clients that work with horses and they last up to 3 weeks no problem x

Hi I've been doing Bio Sculpture for 6 years and do find the forms (any) very difficult to anchor and fit well, especially if the client keeps moving or bending her fingers! I usually offer a sculpture if the client has broken one (or two) of her own nails - this seems to create a good impression but if they want ten then I suggest tips.

I am going to include Shellac in my services and wonder if anyone else does both Bio-Sculp as well, the lamps required for Shellac are 36w but my existing ones are 18w - will they 'fry' the Bio Sculpture Gel? also what would be a suggested price for Shellac nails or toes?
I work at home or mobile

Diana

Last edited:
Bio sculpture is suppose to be cured with 36watts. Their own lamps have 4 each 9volt bulbs. You won't harm Bio Sculpture gel with 36watts. :)

Bio sculpture is suppose to be cured with 36watts. Their own lamps have 4 each 9volt bulbs. You won't harm Bio Sculpture gel with 36watts. :)

Bio Sculpture Gel is NOT supposed to be cured with a 36 Watts lamp at all! Who ever told you that is wrong. Bio's Sculpture Gel just needs a minimum of 18 Watts to cure the gel so their lamps simply contain 2 x 9 watt UV bulbs..

If you use anything stronger it will NOT fry the gel or result in any damage, so theres no wrong in using a stronger wattage lamp just make sure its not one of those cheap & nasty ones from China...!!!

Sources: I am a Fully Trained Bio Sculpture Technician using one of their Official Lamps. I also have all their user manuals & it also details this information within there.... :0

Bio Sculpture Gel is NOT supposed to be cured with a 36 Watts lamp at all! Who ever told you that is wrong. Bio's Sculpture Gel just needs a minimum of 18 Watts to cure the gel so their lamps simply contain 2 x 9 watt UV bulbs..

If you use anything stronger it will NOT fry the gel or result in any damage, so theres no wrong in using a stronger wattage lamp just make sure its not one of those cheap & nasty ones from China...!!!

Sources: I am a Fully Trained Bio Sculpture Technician using one of their Official Lamps. I also have all their user manuals & it also details this information within there.... :0

True.

Jacqui xx

I'm still not as good at sculpts as I would like to be, or as fast, so I use tips instead.

I had an extra training session with a Bio Educator to work on my technique. :)

I only use the sculptures for the odd broken nail, I no longer use full sets. I do want to offer tips as well, but i tried it for the first time yesterday and 3 have already come off! What do you do to make them stronger? It's not my glue as I use this with l&p and do not have a problem. It has to be because the gel isn't as strong and hard as l&p?? I love Bio though and know there is a way to make them last with tips! Any suggestions please?

I am yet to try out tips but have decided to give it a go so have bought some to practice with.any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated! :) xxx

I only use the sculptures for the odd broken nail, I no longer use full sets. I do want to offer tips as well, but i tried it for the first time yesterday and 3 have already come off! What do you do to make them stronger? It's not my glue as I use this with l&p and do not have a problem. It has to be because the gel isn't as strong and hard as l&p?? I love Bio though and know there is a way to make them last with tips! Any suggestions please?

Don't be silly. If gel was meant to only last for 24 hours because it's not as strong, no one would use/get it.

You must use the proper adhesive and blend well. Tips are only guides, not for strength. With sculpting, the entire extension edge is gel. It is very strong. Don't think you can go thinner with a tip, it still needs ample gel.

Don't be silly. If gel was meant to only last for 24 hours because it's not as strong, no one would use/get it.

You must use the proper adhesive and blend well. Tips are only guides, not for strength. With sculpting, the entire extension edge is gel. It is very strong. Don't think you can go thinner with a tip, it still needs ample gel.

sorry i dont understand your reply. What are you suggesting I do? Use more layers of gel than you would a normal overlay? I have proper adhesive and i blend, and then I just did the overlay as I normally would. What do you need to do differently to make them stronger and last like l&p? or will tips with bio not last as long anyway?

sorry i dont understand your reply. What are you suggesting I do? Use more layers of gel than you would a normal overlay? I have proper adhesive and i blend, and then I just did the overlay as I normally would. What do you need to do differently to make them stronger and last like l&p? or will tips with bio not last as long anyway?

DO you build up with S-Gel?

Also, by proper adhesive, I think the OP was referring to bio sculpture adhesive.

If you are qualified with bio sculpture and have recently done training why not call them direct and ask for advice!

I personally only do overlays (use to do all extensions few years back) but I just don't enjoy doing them! If you work for yourself you don't have to do tips (I only use tips for broken nails)!

Plus my bio lamp only has 2 bulbs and bio sculpture written on it from bio sculpture direct ; ))

Hi all
I really dont mind putting on a set of tips, but they never last all that long. I just have that erk feeling in my stomach that Im going to get a call after 4 days saying theyve fell off. Really I want them to stay on like acrylics do, but this just doesnt happen for me.

I prefer doing sculptures because they just seem like a cleaner way of doing things but I feel that they arent strong enough on their own either, so I was wondering after putting on free edge followed by S Gel should I consider putting on silk just to give them that extra bit of strength or am I just being silly! ?? (Not that I get much opportunity to do either as most of my ladies have long nails now, but just knowing what to try would be most helpful)...

Thanking you all in advance for your advice & guidance.... ;)

Latest posts

Back