Bio Sculpture & Solar Oil???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victoria_hd

Reaction score
Hi
Ive been getting my gel overlays done for years on and off (Always Bio Sculpture). The girl I used to go to has closed and ive been going to another beauty therapist who seems ok but no matter where I get them done im never really 100% happy, maybe im just a perfectionist:lol:
Anyway, I just happen to mention to her last week that im being good and using my Solar Oil daily. She said that Bio Sculpture dont recommend Solar Oil and its actually one of the worst oils to use with Bio as it makes the gel soft and causes lifting. I asked in Bio did a c/oil and I ended up buying Bio Vitamin Does roll on, its ok but its not a oil, I prefer Solar Oil. Im now a bit confused lol.
Is it rubbish just to get me to buy another product?
Thanks xxx

Hi
Ive been getting my gel overlays done for years on and off (Always Bio Sculpture). The girl I used to go to has closed and ive been going to another beauty therapist who seems ok but no matter where I get them done im never really 100% happy, maybe im just a perfectionist:lol:
Anyway, I just happen to mention to her last week that im being good and using my Solar Oil daily. She said that Bio Sculpture dont recommend Solar Oil and its actually one of the worst oils to use with Bio as it makes the gel soft and causes lifting. I asked in Bio did a c/oil and I ended up buying Bio Vitamin Does roll on, its ok but its not a oil, I prefer Solar Oil. Im now a bit confused lol.
Is it rubbish just to get me to buy another product?
Thanks xxx

Hi - i'm sorry your having problems.

You are quite right, Vitamin Dose is a nail treatment not an oil, but Bio Sculpture do a cuticle oil which contains Almond, Jojoba and Avocado. They also do a Cuticle conditioner which has loads of little beads that burst when you rub it in. Really great when you've just had your overlays off!

I don't understand why she's sold you the Vitamin Dose when it's supposed to be used on the nail plate, which is ok when your gels are off but not much good when you've got them on. :confused: What did she say about it, just as a matter of interest?:)

Hi - i'm sorry your having problems.

You are quite right, Vitamin Dose is a nail treatment not an oil, but Bio Sculpture do a cuticle oil which contains Almond, Jojoba and Avocado. They also do a Cuticle conditioner which has loads of little beads that burst when you rub it in. Really great when you've just had your overlays off!

I don't understand why she's sold you the Vitamin Dose when it's supposed to be used on the nail plate, which is ok when your gels are off but not much good when you've got them on. :confused: What did she say about it, just as a matter of interest?:)

She just said that it was a cuticle oil and i didnt try it until I got home, and found it was not a oil. Hmmm. She told me to apply just like as i have been doing with the Solaroil. Think shes talking outta her bum. Thanks for your reply! xx

She just said that it was a cuticle oil and i didnt try it until I got home, and found it was not a oil. Hmmm. She told me to apply just like as i have been doing with the Solaroil. Think shes talking outta her bum. Thanks for your reply! xx

:lol: Although it's not an oil it's still an excellent product and if you use it daily around the cuticles it will promote nail growth, so all is not lost! if you haven't all ready, visit their website Bio Sculpture , click products and then treatments and it will show you what's available and what each product does. Then get your shopping list ready!.............:lol:

Hi there - my clients use solar oil with their biosculpture and have NEVER had a problem with it !
yes Bio do have their own cuticle oil which is recommended for use with their system and fair enough but honestly - bio and solar oil ? Not a problem .
Hope that helps.

Hi there - my clients use solar oil with their biosculpture and have NEVER had a problem with it !
yes Bio do have their own cuticle oil which is recommended for use with their system and fair enough but honestly - bio and solar oil ? Not a problem .
Hope that helps.

Thank you. Im going back to the Solar Oil. I cant find a good nail tech in northern Ireland, Im seriously thinking of doing a nail course myself. There is literally no one in a 50 mile radius from me that does gel nails correctly. Ive came home with my cuticles bleeding, my nail burning, the white tip looking like chewing gum (all lumps and bumps) ...... the list is endless.

As a very experienced Bio Sculpture tech, who offers both oils....i would recommend that whilst both are very good for the nail that you stick with the BioS oil.

Simply, if you do have any problems and you are using a different manufacturers oil, you risk service breakdown and in that instance if you are using somehting that wasn't manufactured for that product, you then have no comeback. By using the recommended products you are doing all you can to protect your nails and any issues then would be down to the salon and tech.

Both are a very good oil, with similar ingredients and very similar results. I think you wil be very happy with Bio Sculpture oil.

You can incidentally use it with Vitamin dose, to give your nails an extra boost.

Im not the most computer minded person by any means and I knew there was an old thread relating to this ! I found the thread but I darned well cant find out how to include it here. It was started by couper and is titled 'can you use solar oil over biosculpture' - I found it by searching Little Angels posts on an advanced search with the word 'solar' included. If you have a lookie its interesting and if you are cleverer than me then maybe you can link it to this thread !!! :)

It was from then on that I started to use bio with solar oil.

Im not the most computer minded person by any means and I knew there was an old thread relating to this ! I found the thread but I darned well cant find out how to include it here. It was started by couper and is titled 'can you use solar oil over biosculpture' - I found it by searching Little Angels posts on an advanced search with the word 'solar' included. If you have a lookie its interesting and if you are cleverer than me then maybe you can link it to this thread !!! :)

It was from then on that I started to use bio with solar oil.

is this it... http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/...ight=can+you+use+solar+oil+over+bio+sculpture

(to do this you right click on the title of the thread....click copy shortcut and then go to the thread you want it on and right click again and click paste)

I use spolar oil on my nails when ive been wearing Bio, and Ive had no probs eitherxx

Thank you all so much for your help
:hug:

Hi

Just started using Bio S again in the last 2 months as I have Tennis Elbow and need a soak off gel for my clients - they all use Solar Oil cos I needed to use up my stock (Brisa Gel used prior to this) on the understanding I would rectify any problems that may result. All of them are fine 100%!!! Just got a client back today after 5 weeks and her overlay was still absol fantastic - apart from a huge gap where her nails had grown out.

Marjorie:lol:

hi, i know this is a very old thread..... a lot of my clients love the solar oil and use it over their bio without any problems, but..... it does in fact state on bio's after care advice leaflets that i hand out to each client not to use oils on the nails as it can soften the gel and may cause problems. xx

Latest posts

Back