Bio Sculpture vs Brisa gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxy68

Reaction score
Hi
This is my first ever thread on this site and I'm quite excited to be a member. I'm learning fast from reading threads past & present.

Can anyone help?? I have used Bio Sculpture Gel for the several years now and although the product is great - I am keen, like most of you to keep expanding my knowledge of other systems.

Has anyone out there used both Bio & Brisa, and if so would you kindly share with me your honest opinion on which brand you preferred to work with.

:)

I use Brisa.. because i am allergic to everything else.. but I really like it.. I do find the odd client who cant seem to keep the Brisa on not sure why.. but other then that I really like it.. I found INT easier to work with but as I said i am really allergic to it so I cant anymore

Hi Roxy and welcome to the site.

I am a Brisa user and I can tell yo about that! But the two systems are coming from two different technologies and you can't really compare them ... many use both as they are entirely different and have different attribute for different client's needs.

One is a flexible, soak off gel, the other is a more durable, longer-lasting non soak off gel.

Some like to use the durability and non soak off attributes as a negative when talking about gels and comparing them, but I for one prefer a stronger less flexible gel and I rarely if ever have to remove the gel so the non soak off properties of Brisa (or any other strong gel) have never bothered me one little bit. Brisa buffs away very quickly and easily if it is needed so no issues there for me. What I like is that it suits practically everyone and their lifestyle and I don't need to think or worry about whether it will be strong enough or flexible enough ... it always is.

Thanks geeg for your welcome,

My clients are happy with the Bio Gel - though they do not know any different. Do you think if I converted to Creatives Brisa Gel that they would still be happy with the results.

If you have to buff off the gel (Brisa) does this not increase the chance of nail damage or does the product remover very easily.

Thanks geeg for your welcome,

My clients are happy with the Bio Gel - though they do not know any different. Do you think if I converted to Creatives Brisa Gel that they would still be happy with the results.

If you have to buff off the gel (Brisa) does this not increase the chance of nail damage or does the product remover very easily.

To avoid any chance of causing damage it is always recommended that you buff only so far, so that a thin layer of product is left and can be soaked off or it can just grow off.

The product buffs off very easily and quickly provided thay are not an inch thick!! :lol:

I'm sure your clients would be a thrilled as any other Brisa clients at the beautiful results but I always find that it is best to do new clients with a new system and gradually phase your other clients onto it by doing individual repairs with the new system so they can be weaned slowly.

If you suddenly change everyone over, then trust me, anything at all (a breakage even) they will blame it on the new product.

I have worked with Bio for about 3 years and apart from the cost, I love it.
I have started using Brisa and can't say enough about it! Even though I was a little worried about using a file-off at first, I have come to embrace it! It files down like a dream.
I have die-hard Bio fans that ask for it by name, and therefore I could not switch them over. Almost all my new clients that come in walk away with a beautiful set of Brisa enhancements. I think Geeg is bang on about not switching them over too quickly! Take it slow!

Thanks Yola

I'm awaiting CND info in the post before I pursue it.

Tell me, is there a big price difference between the gels?:biggrin:

Thanks Yola

I'm awaiting CND info in the post before I pursue it.

Tell me, is there a big price difference between the gels?:biggrin:

Hello and welcome to the site. Yes there is a big difference in price, Brisa is a lot better priced than Bio.

Although when i choose to use Brisa is for tips and sculpts on people who come in and ask me for 'acrylic' , L+P to us, as its a tougher finish. The long lasting shine you get with Brisa is lovely and i am not putting it down in the slightest. i justfind bio gives me flexibility.

Personally i prefer Bio sculpture for its flexibility and Brisa for its shine and strength. You should do the Brisa training if you are going to get it as CND training is of a very high quality, you will learn so much.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the site. Yes there is a big difference in price, Brisa is a lot better priced than Bio.

Although i do have to disagree with Gigi on this one, as I do have both gels in my salon. I personally just do not find Brisa flexible at all. The times i chose to use Brisa is for tips and sculpts on people who come in and ask me for 'acrylic' , L+P to us, as its a tougher finish. The long lasting shine you get with Brisa is lovely and i am not putting it down in the slightest i just disagree with the flexibility.

Personally i prefer Bio sculpture for its flexibility and Brisa for its shine and strength. You should do the Brisa training if you are going to get it as CND training is of a very high quality, you will learn so much.

I'm curious to know where I ever said Brisa was 'flexible'?

Unless you have mis-read my post, I said above that Brisa was much more 'durable' than a flexible gel such as BS and further down I further emphasised that Brisa was a much less flexible gel.

Last edited:
I'm curious to know where I ever said Brisa was 'flexible'?

Unless you have mis-read my post, I said above that Brisa was much more 'durable' than a flexible gel such as BS and further down I further emphasised that Brisa was a much less flexible gel.

Sorry gigi I got your pm and have edited my post accordingly. :hug:

To avoid any chance of causing damage it is always recommended that you buff only so far, so that a thin layer of product is left and can be soaked off or it can just grow off.

Do you recommend soaking the last bit off? I get confused because I have read this before, but also read that soaking it off won't work since it's non porous. Have not tried it myself.....

I'm sure they would be happy with Brisa, but why not use them both. They are so very different that they are good to offer along side each other. I use Calgel and Brisa and love it.

I am reading messages about brisa gel i use calgel as an overlay what is brisa gel and can it be used as a overlay as i am still training for tips:confused:

Do you recommend soaking the last bit off? I get confused because I have read this before, but also read that soaking it off won't work since it's non porous. Have not tried it myself.....

I don't soak the last bit off, I mostly just leave the thinnest layer on the nail. I have removed ALL of the gel but I have never found that there really is a need.

Hi can anyone confirm that you have to buy a Brisa UV lamp instead of using Bio Gel Lamp? If anyone has used one or the other or both can you let me know please.
thanks
Kathy

Hi can anyone confirm that you have to buy a Brisa UV lamp instead of using Bio Gel Lamp? If anyone has used one or the other or both can you let me know please.
thanks
Kathy

I can confirm that yes, you do have to use a CND UV Lamp with Brisa and all CND gels to ensure complete cure and a successful service. You can use the CND lamp (5 finger cure yay) with Bio, but not the other way around. Sorry, but you will love the CND Lamp. Oh .. and I have used both Bio and CND.

Hi,

I realize you posted this topic a while ago, but I was wondering how you are making out with the products. I, too, am going to start offering Brisa Gel. I have been using Biosculpture for about 10 years and love it, but the cost is over the top. I'm hoping the Brisa will be better for clients who have really weak nails.

Sharing your experience with Brisa would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance:)

Latest posts

Back