Bio Sculpture White Gel Discolouration - Solution!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nails at Home

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Just wanted to share this with you! I've been using Bio Sculpture gel now for about 2 years and generally most of my clients love it but there is one problem (as I'm sure anyone who has used it has come across) - the white gel discolours fairly quickly, especially on clients who smoke! :sad:

Well I've heard that Brisa gel is a good gel and that the white stays really white without discolouring so I decided to give it a try as a substitute for the Bio Sculpture white gel. I was informed that it may not cure properly in the Bio Sculpture lamp and it may need more than their recommendation of 2 minutes curing so I thought I'd try it on myself first and see how I got on with it.

Bingo!! Had it on for 2 weeks without it discolouring and it only took the usual 2 minutes to cure as does Bio Sculpture. Now, as it isn't a soak off gel what I've done when it comes to removing it is soak the nails for about 5 minutes which lifts off enough to reach the white gel - buffed that off which was done very easily and then re-soaked the nails to remove the remainder of the Bio Sculpture gel.

I've now started using this on my smoking clients who are more than happy with the results.

Think maybe Bio Sculpture need to do something to improve their white gel now don't you?

Take care everyone
Michelle x

hiya, i know what you mean about brisa, it doesnt discolour at all, not even with sunbed use. Have you tryed the other brisa gels yet ? what are the plus sides of bio ? sorry for the questions, just interested. Thanks

Hi
So far, I haven't had any probs with biosculpture white gel getting discoloured. So far all the clients that have had the white do not smoke.
What I have had is the bio clear gel yellowing on one client - she doesn't smoke. Have you ever had this?
I have heard good things about Brisa. Bio lamps are quite powerful so should be ok to use.

the bio uv top coat is SUPPOSED to combat yellowing !

I have had yellowing (forgot to tell you that one ange) only on some clients not all.

All i can put it down to is as u say sunbeds and smokers.

What about brisa uv finishing gloss over the top?

Ambx

Hi Angie

No I haven't actually tried the other brisa gels yet - was thinking about it but after spending an absolute fortune doing a creative L&P course and then not having any call for doing them I'm a little apprehensive about paying out even more for another course I'm afraid! I only do nails part time so it's quite an expensive habit to keep doing new courses without the need.

True though what they say about Bio Sculpture - it is best on natural nail overlays rather than sculptures as the sculpture gel could be a bit stronger! My regular clients now though just about all have their own nails so that's why it's more convenient for me.

Michelle x

hi ya

Biosculpture was the first gel i used, but i had soooooooooooo many probs with it when doing tip and overlay.

Its fantastic for natural nails and toes love all the colours but there is no beating BRISA on strength.

I also use NSI which is very reasonably priced. they do some fab offers i got the kit and a lamp for £100 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Definately worth a try.

Good luck!! I know exactly what u mean about cost !!!!!!!!!!!

Ambx

Amb, thanks for tip about the Bio uv topcoat. I'll give it a go. xx

I find that by using Bio sealer gel, it helps to maintain the whiteness and enhances dark colour gels too.

I did actually buy the sealer gel hoping that would work but for the smokers I still had big problems I'm afraid to say! :sad:

Nails at Home said:
I did actually buy the sealer gel hoping that would work but for the smokers I still had big problems I'm afraid to say! :sad:

None of my clients smoke, so thanks for letting me know.

Have you spoken to your educator about it? Perhaps she can give you some advice.

Hi Karen

No I hadn't actually done that but maybe I will. Mind you, for now I'm quite happy using the Brisa gel as a substitute!

Michelle x

One of the first to train with Bio Sculpture in this country many moons ago and I still use it and have not felt the need to try other gel companies.

I do understand some of your problems with it i.e not too strong on tips and graying or yellowing some of the time but they are on top of this with new products to help combat this and to aid strength when it comes to tips and overlays. Definately worth a chat with your supplier.

As for the advantages of Bio Sculpture over other gels the main one is that it is soakable and it promotes MINIMAL buffing on the natural nail plate. It has a good range of colours too!

I love it as a natural nail overlay and my clients are addicted to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must admit I like the gel as well, but it did yellow on my friend and she smokes so could only put it down to that.

How long have any of you bio girls found a set of natural overlays, and tips with gel to last?

Regards
Deb379

NATURAL OVERLAYS....LAST AND LAST..

TIP AND OVERLAYS....ONE OR TWO....COME OFF OR ....SPLIT....WITHIN A WEEK...NONE FOF MY CLIENTS GET TO TWO WEEK INFILLS WITH TIP AND OVERLAYS.

sORRY ABOUT CAPS!!!!!

Deb379 said:
How long have any of you bio girls found a set of natural overlays, and tips with gel to last?

Regards
Deb379

Hi

Natural overlays last ages monthly appointment depending on natural nail growth.

Tip and overlays again last ages but its a 2-3 week appointment (i use silk with my tip and o/lay)

I always use the sealer gel to finish with then i use cnd supershiney as my top coat.

I find the biosculpture top coat goes thick and doesn't keep the white as bright as the supershiney does.

HTH

Latest posts

Back