Bio Sculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandy1

Reaction score
Wondered if someone can help. I do Jessica Gelerations so am not au fait with Bio Sculpture.

Two of my clients used to have Bios and when they came in the gel was really thick on the nail. Another lady came in for some waxing and she told me that her nails were also Bio but her nails did not have a thick layer of gel on them. Of the ladies who had the thick Bio on, one of them told me that she had three layers of gel put onto her nails.

Can someone out there tell me, is this right? How should Bio Sculpture be applied - I realise that Gelerations and Bio are two different products.

Thanks in advance for any advice/info.

Hi, there should be 4 layers of thin gel done for Bio, a base layer, 2 x colour and a finishing layer, the thinkess of the end product would vary depending on how thick each layer was applied. hth

Thank you for coming back to me. From what I can see of the nails (two ladies) concerned the layers were thick. I could actually see a "humpty backed bridge" across the nails. And in one instance only three layers were applied and the humpty back bridge effect was definitely in evidence. The other lady that came in with the "thin" nails had had them applied correctly going by what you have said.

Thank you again. This really helps me alot - one of the thick nail ladies was really getting me down to the point I have said to her that perhaps she should go back to using Bio Sculpture.

In general Bio Sculpture is applied as a first layer of Clear, two layers of Color, and a layer of finishing gel.

This is really an "in general" response. There are variations of which gels to use as a base and finishing gel based on the level of flexibility desired etc.

The thickness of the gel is directly a a result of the the nail tech applying it. The first layer is the only layer that is applied to the natural nail therefore that first layer is key to a lasting application. If the prep and the first layer of gel is correct, the end results will be beautiful long lasting color and shine for weeks.

Elaine1810 is absolutely right regarding Bio application. Base coat; 2x's color; finishing layer.

Any variations in thickness is completely dependent on the nail tech's individual application.

As long as your 2nd layer of color achieves the color in the pot, the thickness is ideal.

Bio Sculpture can also be applied with a clear scupting gel and not just color. This might be why you are seeing the thickness. The tech applying it was trying to create an arch rather than just applying color. Once the arch is created you are able to then apply the color layers. This also allows to file down and fill them, rather that completely removing the gel and starting over.

Latest posts

Back