bio sculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bronni

Reaction score
I have done bio sculpture (gels for nails) and i want to know if any of you guys have heard and done it?
They say it helps your nails but i am not so sure now.
thanks
bronni

Hi...i recently qualified in bio-sculpture. It is a very easy product to use and seems to stay on the nails for two weeks. The infill part is quite hard work...due to buffing away the ridge and putting back the original colour only up to the re-growth, then curing and then putting the new colour over the whole nail. The problem occurs if clients want to go from dark to light you would then have to soak all off and start again!

Hi bronni - bio sculpture is a colored gel brand from south africa.

what really helps the nails is nail technicians doing a good job. so whatever you use, do it right. I would suggest however, before you invest further, check out creative nail design.
you will not regret it and your investment will pay off.
They have the only 'hypoallergenic' gel system in the universe. This means it greatly reduces the chances of alergic reactions. - thats worth paying for - peace of mind. It was voted best gel - 2005 in Nails Magazine.

cool stuff.
drew :]

Brisa Gel by CND is also "Hypoallergenic"

Hi!

I had Bio Sculpture Gel on my own nails for my wedding last year. They lasted so well!!

I went on honeymoon and the topcoat went all sticky from the suncream. So I took it off. Unfortunately did not have any clear polish on me so had to leave the gel bare. BUT when I came home 3 weeks after it had been applied it was still in tact and still looked good. There was minimal lifting at the sides but I expected it to have been really bad after all the contact I had with chlorine and sun cream.

Am training with Essential Nails at the moment but once qualified the plan is to train with Bio Sculpture ASAP!

I love it!

:Love:

bronni said:
I have done bio sculpture (gels for nails) and i want to know if any of you guys have heard and done it?
They say it helps your nails but i am not so sure now.
thanks
bronni

There are loads of techs on here doing Bio, including myself, and most find it great. Its not without its issues, as discussed in another thread you were on, the whites can discolour (although S-gel can prevent this), it can be a bit of a pain to file down for infills due to its rubbery consistency, and therefore a lot of people tend to soak off quite regularly (which is what can weaken and thin the nail - not the gel) but it is an excellent quality product and it never, ever lifts.

It also has one of the most extensive range of colours, which all have matching polishes, something that is fab for retail sales.

I would suggest doing a good search on it on here, you will find out loads of useful info and advice, and if you are still unsure, talk to your Bio educator. I have always found them to be really helpful and that support from a supplier also means a lot.

Brisa from CND is also a really well regarded gel, but isn't a soak off like bio, so I wouldn't really put them alongside one anothyer and try a direct comparison. They are both brilliant products but different from one another.

Hope this helps

Lyndsay x

I am a biosculpture user. The gels are lovely, they are bright and shiny. They never lift, except when they are helped?! The client can go up to 3-4 weeks before infill. Its more of a paint on application. Lovely and easy. The gel has a very loyal clientele too. Soaks off easily too.

The negatives about biosculpture is that it is very expensive and infills can be tricky. As its a soak off gel, it is porous and soft. So clients have to keep putting on top coat to protect the gel. Its also not very strong on tips, but if you have the time to sculpt then its fine.

The french manicure can sometimes discolour, but with the new S-gel it stays on better.

I've been using it for a year with no major problems. Once you get to know how the product works, your'e fine.

HTHs.....

i had gone off bio....but i since using it with sgel i am getting minimal probs now....because of the added strength.

I love the colours it has a VERY LOYAL client base.

It IS EXPENSIVE....but i spose u get what you pay for.:wink2:

I've however switched mainly all my 'french clients' (natural nails) over to Akzentz....purely because it never discolours....i dont have to soak it off just a bit of filing....and the whites are thinnner...and its much stronger....and its cheaper:biggrin:

Its hassle soaking off but you have clean undamaged nails underneath which the clients like.....re infilling....i would NEVER infill more than once...too thick and nasty.

and the numero uno reason for using it.......IT NEVER EVER LIFTS

hth

amb xx

Latest posts

Back