Bio using tips, no success!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

titi

Reaction score
Haya geeks

still training with Bio, recently practicing tips. Every time, with no exeption, the tips come off literealy after a week.

Am i totaly wrong in feeling, that no matter what i do with Bio, sculpt, with silk or without, tips..... is just not strong enough?
i shouldnt hear, from every client of mine, that after 2 days, 2 ext already gone!!!! should i???

So following the instructions and watching the dvd, what on earth am i doing wrong?

please help:cry:

Haya geeks

still training with Bio, recently practicing tips. Every time, with no exeption, the tips come off literealy after a week.

Am i totaly wrong in feeling, that no matter what i do with Bio, sculpt, with silk or without, tips..... is just not strong enough?
i shouldnt hear, from every client of mine, that after 2 days, 2 ext already gone!!!! should i???

So following the instructions and watching the dvd, what on earth am i doing wrong?

please help:cry:

I've never used Bio but could you be extending a little too much for the natural nail? Are the enhancements breaking at the stress area?

I think you really need to talk to your educator about this...as its simply not easy to say without seeing your nails, where you are going wrong.

I can assure you, categorically that its not the product. No, Bio isn't the strongest product on the market, but as we've already said, its sure as heck strong enough for tips if used correctly, And if all you are worried about is strength in a product, then you are sacrificing a lot of other big benefits.

I have clients with Bio, and tips that last 3 weeks no problems. It also lasts as sculpts, with or without a form...and I have seen some clients who just haven't got round to re-booking in time go upto 5 weeks. OK the nails look dreadful, but they are still on!

One thing that i would strongly suggest you pay particular attention to is...are you building an apex across the stress area? The strength, as with any product, is in the product not in the adhesive holding the tip on. Yu should be applying a clear layer of gel over the nail and tip, curing, than applying a lick layer of well-stirred S-gel, (don't cure here) before immediately applying a builder layer, with a good C-curve built at the apex. Here you need to build carefully with your brush, teasing the S-gel into a good strong apex, with no dips....use the light, then cure again. The you can finish off the enhancement, the usual way french, colour or clear.

And like Louise has said above, don't make your enhancements to long, certainly not whilst you are struggling.

Incidentally, are you using Bio prep products and putting layer of gel on before you tip?

Are they starting to go on the sidewall by the hyponychium?? Thats where mine tend to go if they do. You will find many threads on here about the Bio girls mostly doing NNo's or sculpts. I think the trouble is the tips are quite rigid but the overlay is flexible and the two do not seem to marry that well. i have had successes but also failures with tips but you need to make sure that you defo do not get gel on the sidewalls, cap your fe and build a good strong apex.

I know its embarrasing but perhaps you could charge less for your tips whilst you get the hang of it cos it does take a little while but dont give up. Out of all tips I find naturals to be the best for staying on. Are you using Bio tips?? They are not bad but I dont always use them. Make sure that your clients are aware that they need to take extra care with the tips.

NNo's and sculpts are much tougher wearing in my humble opinion.
Good Luck
Charlotte

I am new to Bio but I havent yet used it with tips - cant see the point. Unless there is some good reasons/situation where you would need tips - please tell me what they are if any?

Why not sculpt if they want extra length.

If the client was adamant they wanted tips then I think I would use L&P.

I really only use tips when the client insists....and yes I would probably rather use Fabric (or L&P at a push, but I really just never feel I'm as good at L&P). Anyone out there with tips is their choice and because they won;t change from Bio!

Or, I occasionally resort with a bad nail biter.

Latest posts

Back