Black glitter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bloominbeaut

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend where I can get a really glittery black for using with rockstars. The blacks I have look matt when on not glittery atall :( have to mix silver in just now but there must be a good one somewhere

Black glitter is a tricky one.

Black doesn't reflect light, it absorbs it. So finding a black glitter without silver sparkly bit in it would looks glittery once applied to the nails is very hard!! It just looks like black sand rather than glitter!

The options you do have are holographic black glitter, which does have the silvery sparkly bits in!

Or I find gunmetal greys a good alternative! Still really sparkly and dark!
The once that came in the CND Addtive limited edition Xmas pack is lovely!!

Yep agree with AmeliaR, I've tried a couple of black glitters and couldn't get the same kind of sparkly effect as with other glitters. Just looks a bit flat or something.
Precious Pewter in the Twinkle Additives gives an amazing Rockstar effect over Blackpool, it's definitely a metal sparkly effect and is stunning! So much so I've not had it off my fingers for weeks!! Looks fab with Dark Lava too if you're a Shellac user.

I too have tried a number of black glitters and just don't sparkel...would love geek on here to let us all know of a good one.
I do a silver into black fade wich looks nice but sill not 100% happy.

I'll try Blackpool with precious pewter thanks everyone :) xx

Totally agree with the above posts re: black glitter. I use gunmetal glitter and have had FAB results. :)

I actually used Overtly onyx CND Shellac under grey glitter! ( I'm guessing its CND Shellac your using)

Also if you didn't get the limited ed glitter additives, they do a gunmetal glitter in the irresistible glitters too :)

I had the grey glitter on my nails and every client that day had it :) wish I'd have taken a picture now!!

Also love Overtly Onyx with the grey glitter fade!!!!

Yes all cnd products I use. Thanks ill give all these a try and see what looks best

Latest posts

Back