Black Shellac completely lifts :-(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsellor

Reaction score
My black shellac seems to be lifting and just dropping off clients nails! Why? I am so upset no other colour has done this! What am I doing wrong xxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not fully curing!

Perhaps you are not using the CND UV Lamp?

If you are, then make sure your clients hand is placed correctly in the lamp.
Make sure all your bulbs are functioning.
Make sure you are not applying too thick
Make sure all blue film from inside the lamp has been removed.
Are you using it on natural nails or enhanced nails?

We can't really tell you what you are doing wrong If you don't give us much information.

As geeg said, which lamp are you using?

Are you doing everything as per CND training?

I have used black on my last client and if lasted 3 weeks, no problems.

When you apply your first coat of Shellac it should be thin and you should still be able to see the nail though it, with Blackpool your maybe panicking thinking it wont cover so putting your coats on too thick, but when you apply the second coat its almost like magic the coverage is amazing!! with just the 2 thin coats even with all the darker colours.

Dont be scared apply Shellac thinly! the technology has been done for you to creative perfect coverage you dont have to trowel it on :)

Thanks ladies
I am using CND lamp and scrub fresh and have no other problems only with blackpool!

Maybe I am applying too thick xx

Did it wrinkle under your lamp? What kind of cuticle work are you doing?

Thanks ladies
I am using CND lamp and scrub fresh and have no other problems only with blackpool!

Maybe I am applying too thick xx

I think you must be ... Shellac can be too thick and not wrinkle ... It wrinkes when it is way thick but it Csn be too thick and not wrinkle. You got the right advice above from AmeliaR. ... She said it perfectly and i'm sure when you read it, the 'cap' fit! Lol

Latest posts

Back