Bleached Hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownt62

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I am a skin geek but have a quick question please... I had my hair professionally bleached today (get it done this way all the time and love it)... but the platinum colour is just a little bit too 'grey' looking tonight. I have the 'purple' shampoo so is it ok to wash my hair with it tomorrow to lighten it a little or is it too soon?

Many thanks:hug:
Jan

sounds like the ash has grabbed , dont use the purple shampoo as this is used for counteracting gold /brassy tones . best bet is to use the least conditioning shampoo that you have for example a swimming /product removing shampoo or a scalp clearing shampoo.Chances are it will fade in a few washes anyway.

Hi, you could try a mix of pure lemon juice and conditioner it is supposed to pull the ash from the hair :hug: x minky

I never knew that ! Let me know how it goes please

Hi, yes there was a poster who tried this recipe and was thrilled with the result, not promising anything but its worth a try :hug: x
yes.... please let us know how it goes ?
here is the recipe and method :

Submitted by Karina
If you have recently dyed your hair a shade that came out way too dark and you want a easy solution, here it is. Simply mix 3 parts lemon juice to one part conditioner (acids in lemon juice naturally lighten hair) and saturate hair with the mix.
Lightly towel dry and blow dry til almost completely dry, finish off with just rinsing hair with lemon juice and styling as usual. I promise your hair will be lighter (you'll even see the dye trickling out!) and soft and bouncy.

This happend to me a couple of weeks ago and it worked a treat.

Pop 2 peeled whole lemons 2 table spoons of conditioner in a blender.
slap it on your head for 15 mins then shampoo well (not with your blue one) and condition.

ta daaaaa,

that's a great tip. I often get asked what is the best way to fade dark haircolour and I was only aware of the anti-dandruff shampoo route, thanks for that :)

that's a great tip. I often get asked what is the best way to fade dark haircolour and I was only aware of the anti-dandruff shampoo route, thanks for that :)

You are very welcome :hug: x I hope it works for Brown62 too :)

Has anyone tried this on dark tinted hair (below a 5)? I am just curious to how it would come out. Would it be patchy? Or does this technique only really work on toners?

Cheers in advance :)

Hi, yes I too think it may work best on toners but I suppose its worth a go on darker bases
:) x minky

if your hair is looking abit too grey/silverish i would lay off the silver shampoo for a while i used to use mine once a week if needed if not every other week if i saw the brassy/yellowish tones again i hope this helps hun

x

Hi, yes there was a poster who tried this recipe and was thrilled with the result, not promising anything but its worth a try :hug: x
yes.... please let us know how it goes ?
here is the recipe and method :

Submitted by Karina
If you have recently dyed your hair a shade that came out way too dark and you want a easy solution, here it is. Simply mix 3 parts lemon juice to one part conditioner (acids in lemon juice naturally lighten hair) and saturate hair with the mix.
Lightly towel dry and blow dry til almost completely dry, finish off with just rinsing hair with lemon juice and styling as usual. I promise your hair will be lighter (you'll even see the dye trickling out!) and soft and bouncy.
great tip.do you apply this to dry hair or wet hair?

I would'nt worry bout it too much, your hair must have just been really porous so it grabbed the toner, but as quick as it grabbed it, it will let it go.

You can try the lemon thing but I would almost think that you would need sumthing alkaline, not acidic.

Your normal boots products should be fine, and the cheaper they are the more soap they contain, which eqauls alkalanity! which will remove that little bit of grey tone.

Good luck!:)

Latest posts

Back