Blending coloured tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mum2one&bump

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently doing my training, so far i've done manicure and L+P!
I've been practicing like mad and want to try something different, like coloured tips, i like the idea of black tips and i know that they say they require no blending, but i've been advised that you should still blend alittle and that you need to remove the shine off the tip in order for the acrylic to bond better! My question is, how can this be done on coloured tips without you being able to see file marks or loosing the colour? is it possible not to blend/remove shine and for the acrylic to still bond?
Thanks in advance! :green:

You don't blend coloured tips but you lightly etch the surface of them so the acrylic will adhere to them,
once you have applied your chosen over the top of them you wont see any scratch marks,
acrylic powder is also available in a wide range of colours for you to create coloured french, hth :hug:

if you dont want to file over it, use a buffer lightly just to remove the shine, as already said, you wont see any of the scratches when you have applied acrylic over the top. if you dont buff the acrylic will lift
hth

Thanx!
So just a quick buff with a fine file?

Tbh, I have never buffed a coloured tip and I have NEVER had a problem with the L&P not staying put.
Try it on a practise tip.:hug:

Would you do the same if your using gel.

Latest posts

Back