Blending tips - help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sofia_sparkle

Reaction score
Hi all, i'm in the middle of doing my nail tech course and am having real trouble blending the tips so that you cannot see them when the overlay is applied. I file and file and then use acetone but it never seems to totally blend and then the next thing i know i'm taking lumps out of the tip, i know i must be going spectacularly wrong somewhere, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated xxx

If you are taking chunks out of the tip you have your file at the wrong angle. If you google nail angel videos there is one on there that will show you how to blend tips. xx:hug:

Hi.x

I was taught get a cotton bud and dip it in acetone and rub over just the line!! No wer else, when it starts to melt and go milky looking get your file run it over the top it will blend it in easily.

If you taking chunks out you are doing your filing way to hard and at the wong angle. When I was taught u literally file as if you file is floppy/falling out of your hand if that makes sense, your be surprised how lightly you have to file x

Hope that helps you!! X

You should be able to master blending without using any line blender/acetone by reading through Geeg's tutorials here on th site. It is all about file control and once you get to grips with that, it gets so much easier :D

If you are allowed why not try some well-less tips that require no blending? I use Proimpressions tips without a well & haven't had to blend a tip for years, bliss!!

If you are allowed why not try some well-less tips that require no blending? I use Proimpressions tips without a well & haven't had to blend a tip for years, bliss!!

I've never undersood this fully. What do well-less tips look like underneath when the nail starts growing? Isn't there a ridge where the natural free edge is stuck to the tip?

No blending sounds amazing! Will check these out :)

When I was training I got to use the Lechat tip blender and it was really good!!! I haven't used it since but have wanted to buy some. Perhaps give that a go :) Apply it to all the nails and then by the time you get back to start filing the first nail you put it on, it should have started working its magic :)

thanks for all your tips, they've been a lot of help, i'll check out all these videos, unfortunately i have to blend and well out for my assessment but will definitly give these other options a go after! x

As someone above said you should be able to blend without accetone/tip-blender,
If you file the edge of the tip well only and not the natural nail it should be ok and angle the file correctly,
If you have to use accetone apply a tiny amount with a cotton bud as it may overexpose the client, Keep trying practise makes perfect ... I was terrible when i first started and now i find it quick & easy :)
Hope this helps :D

Latest posts

Back