Blink & go/express lashes scratchy eye??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fake.it

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just had a set of blink and go done and one of my eyes keeps watering and every time I blink it scratches feels like 3 scratches in the eye, but the other eye is fine

Also she said about going back in 2 weeks for an infill??? I said they have to be removed after 2 weeks don't they and she said no???
After she hands me an aftercare saying they must be professionally removed after 2 weeks? I paid £55 for a glamour set
It was at Milton Keynes shopping centre and she didn't speak great English! So I was trying to explain I do semi permenants and that I'm sure these have to be removed after 2 weeks and she said no it depends on your lashes!

Do they have to be removed after 2 weeks?

Before we started my husband said go somewhere else but I saw it was a company so thought I could just contact them, but I just tried there website and it said something like "you now have your domain name, when you are ready upload your website!!"

Anyone know why it's scratchy? Is that normal?

Thanks lovelies

Xxx

Hi hun x

If they are Blink n Go/express they should be removed after 2 weeks otherwise they will ruin or can ruin your lashes.

They will start to pull on the lash as well.

Some girls try and get away with longer but you do compromise the health if the lash.

Where are they scratching? Do they look like they are too close to the inner corner if your eye?

Can you tell if the lashes are crossed?

You should go back and complain if u can as they should not be causing u discomfort. xx

It sounds like it may be caused by to much overlap which may mean that a lash has not adhered properly, ie only a part of it has stuck and the other part which is loose is brushing your eye or lid when you blink.

Thanks girls, I've had a look and they are not cross crossed, but the places it is scratchy seem different to the rest, like when I lift my eye up to look, where it's scratchy the lashes are lower than the others! Does that make sense?? I can see 2 like you said that are partially bonded on but not all!
I'd like to go and complain but her level of understanding wasn't great so I think it might be a lost cause!
I'll see how bad they are tomorrow as it's also a 30 min drive

Could I try removing the few that I think are causing the issue? If so how lol!

Xx

Agree with what the other girls have said.

Express lashes defintely need to be removed after 2 weeks. I think some of them aren't bonded properly at the base and the loose end will be scratching. These ones may well fall off soon but if not, you should really get them professionally removed as picking or pulling may cause you to pull a clump of your own lashes out. Ouch!!

I include the price of removal for my express lashes and book the removal appointment before clients leave.

Agree with what the other girls have said.

Express lashes defintely need to be removed after 2 weeks. I think some of them aren't bonded properly at the base and the loose end will be scratching. These ones may well fall off soon but if not, you should really get them professionally removed as picking or pulling may cause you to pull a clump of your own lashes out. Ouch!!

I include the price of removal for my express lashes and book the removal appointment before clients leave.

I like the idea of including a price for renewal! What percentage or amount did you ad to your initial price? X

I understand about them being lower....do you mean this....?

the lower inside part of your eye, the part you put eyeliner in....well the the same area on the top? are some of the lashes coming down into that? if they are, get a very good friend with a very very steady hand to just snip off the bits that go down into the eye.....

thats last resort...first i would go to another salon offerin EE and get the to fix it.

You need to get a professional to remove the offending lashes.
Do not even attempt to use scissors so close to the eye.
The scratching is either because the lashes have been applied to the wet line or because the lashes are not attached at the base of the lash. I suspect it is the latter and they will need to be removed otherwise they will continue to scratch your eyes.

I understand about them being lower....do you mean this....?

the lower inside part of your eye, the part you put eyeliner in....well the the same area on the top? are some of the lashes coming down into that? if they are, get a very good friend with a very very steady hand to just snip off the bits that go down into the eye.....

thats last resort...first i would go to another salon offerin EE and get the to fix it.

I am sorry but this is not appropriate advice to be giving as a professional on a professional forum.

The correct thing to do would be to return to the salon that applied the lashes. If this is not possible then find a reputable therapist who can remove these in the correct manner.

I am actually gobsmacked that the above advice has been offered. :eek:

Latest posts

Back