Blondi Rae - is it really that good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! It looks like it decolorized so evenly!
I am inpressed! Hope we can get it in the US.

If she has bleach underneath you should have no problem with it, i personally don't use blondi rae, but use a similar product 'Affinage Erasor' purely because i'm used to using it, and it is in a smaller size. however if blondi rae brought out smaller sizes id rather use them as you only need to rinse and then apply the buffer etc.. with affinage you need to shampoo 4/5 times prior to the buffer which can be a pain when recolouring as the scalp is left oil free and ready to be burnt (if scalp bleach is used) :sad:

make sure you give it a good rinse and you should be fine :)
Thank you :) thankfully shes a friend of mne & she knows thati have never used this product before so if anything happens ( tint goes darker than its meant to/ doesnt go light enought etc...) that itll be alright & ill sort it out :) ive only ever used a goldwell colour remover before but i wasnt happy with the results & only do bleach baths or full head foils to get colour out but hopefully this will be my secret weapon for getting colour out! Im doingit nex week & ill let you know how i get on & post some pics :) xx

Just got it on my friends hair now :) why did nobody tell me it would smell so rank! Ewww x

Just got it on my friends hair now :) why did nobody tell me it would smell so rank! Ewww x

Hi what did you think of this product then??is it alot of work involved

Hi what did you think of this product then??is it alot of work involved

I think its brilliant for getting colour out but i wasnt 100% happy with the end result although my friend loved it :) when i did her consultation she told me that she had used colour b4 and it hadnt worked that well so she put a light brown on top (light brown roots 3/4inches, then faded reddy purple on mid lenghts & ends) so it was lighter than expected it to be cos the last time i saw her it was dark purple. Anywho, we got cracking today & i followed the instructions to a T with timing etc.... And the results were great! Then i coloured :/ i used a 10.0 with 6% as she wanted a warm 8 and did a T section bleach highlights with 9% & the ends went i little darker than the rest! I could see a little bit of purple coming through & its bugging me! Shes happy tho as its not 2 different colours anymore & its lighter but its annoying me that the purple is still there! Bloody stubborn stuff! (think it was live xxl but not sure) should i of repeated the remover process? It worked 1st time & there was no purple left after the first go so i dont know if doing it twice would have done the trick?

First ones before, second after blondi rae 3&4 after colouring :) xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1333402756.193014.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1333402756.193014.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 320
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1333402818.399702.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1333402818.399702.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 409
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1333402863.908085.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1333402863.908085.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 372
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1333402929.323545.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1333402929.323545.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 265
this sounds so like the colour b4 product they sell in boots! very similar processes! and no bleach or damage. wouldnt be surprised if same company.

I bought a box after my stripping at the hairdressers made my hair even more red. now i'm training i'm really tempted to get my tutor to have a look and maybe try it, intrigued to see whats under my many layers!

gone from full head highlights to brown that went red-y brown then tried stripping and didnt work so just choc brown now but want to get back to a nutmeg colour like my original base.

Yes they are similar. I have used Rusk Elimin8 which involves a similar process. (Very good product I must say.)
Thorough rinsing is paramount, and after the final process, if the hair goes too dark it means you haven't erased enough artificial pigment out, so you will have to repeat the whole process again. Maybe even a third time if the hair still goes too dark.

:biggrin:

Used blondi rae today for 3rd time was very impressed with result

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335900980.621675.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335900980.621675.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 406
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335901009.216535.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335901009.216535.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 222
cant wait to try this, just ordered x

Would anyone mind me using one of there pics to show clients a b4 and after .they seem to think they won't need a coluour after x

Hi just gone to order this and its coming to nearly 60 pound with vat and postage is this right lol x

Hi just gone to order this and its coming to nearly 60 pound with vat and postage is this right lol x

Sounds about right, postage is £8!!!

I know!!! Didn't expect that ....I'm gonna have to order some though lol x

I ordered this about a month ao & its came to around £60 but the invoice they sent says £48! Emailed them but no reply grr so make sure they get it right :) xx

I think I'll ring and order tomorrow see how that way goes x

Wow how many applications did it take to lift all the colour out?

I'm wondering if you think this would work on my hair? I've been having mines coloured professionally red for a year. We tried alot of different shades as it faded quickly and each and every time it was taken through to the ends. I've not coloured my hair since December and it is still really reddy on the ends. Obviously alot of build up. The salon I'm renting a room in has tried using eraser and it lifted it but still looking warm. I'm wanting an ombré look with brown and a caramel or honey blonde.

They're worried about putting anything on it incase it comes up orangey or coppery and because it's ombré it's a bit more complicated I think.

Do you guys think this would be worth a try? They're running out of options at the salon because I have a specific look in mind.

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried lifting with tint after using one of the colour strippers?

I've got a friend with majirouge 6.66 on her hair and she wants to go a 7 or 8 golden blonde. Before the 6.66 she was about 5 - 6 neutral.

Assuming I strip this and it'll go to a warm 6, then can I use tint + 6% to lift it to an 7/8? (I've suggested toning / highlights but she's not keen..:rolleyes:)

So, I was wondering how much of the tint is left after stripping? Can I colour and treat hair like (fragile) virgin hair or do I still work within the "tint won't lift tint" rule?

If anyone's tried this out, I'd be really interested!

Resurrecting this old thread, as I hate seeing multiple same-old-same-old threads on here. ( :Scared::Scared: )
Our bottles of this have arrived today, and I should be using it this week, or early next.

Had a bit of a hoo-ha with Affinage Eraser (as did another stylist), so I need to do a re-do.

Can someone confirm , when re-tinting , 1 or 2 shades lighter than target?
I normally do one shade lighter, but I normally bleach-bath.

And lets get this thread going again, more before-and-afters anyone?:wink2:

Resurrecting this old thread, as I hate seeing multiple same-old-same-old threads on here. ( :Scared::Scared: )
Our bottles of this have arrived today, and I should be using it this week, or early next.

Had a bit of a hoo-ha with Affinage Eraser (as did another stylist), so I need to do a re-do.

Can someone confirm , when re-tinting , 1 or 2 shades lighter than target?
I normally do one shade lighter, but I normally bleach-bath.

And lets get this thread going again, more before-and-afters anyone?:wink2:

Our bottles arrived today too ! It was great on the test piece - we played safe and used 2 shades lighter. I was also told to do this when I phoned with the order.
I will try to remember to take pics when the client is in next week - exciting :biggrin:

Where can I purchase this from? Hairways, elite or salon services? I am wanting to strip the copper from my hair x

Latest posts

Back