Blondi Rae - is it really that good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im debating getting this to use on my hair . im nervous though lol where are you buying it from.

im getting married in april so have a few months lol

thanks i googled it but couldnt find that

I used it today with great results (forgot my camera though :rolleyes: ) Client had coloured her hair a couple of times herself with disasterous results and ended up being about 3/0 through the lengths/ends, bright pillarbox red on a couple of inches on the midlengths and an inch of her natural base of 6/0 with 50% white on the roots :eek: (The camera would have said it all,in 20 yrs ive never seen such a mess)
The Blondi rae worked perfectly taking out the Red and lifting it to the natural base leaving a slight golden hue.Think the target shade is a learning curve to get used to though,I took on board whats said on here about going a shade or so lighter than target & spent sunday working on test strands,She wanted a 66/46 and after test strands the lightest i could get it using 77/46 was 55/46 which was too dark,So she went with my completely different suggestion of around 7/7 flooded with highlights (came out about a 6 1/2 base with 7 tone) and it looks beautiful.The condition was fab too.Interesting product ;)

well ive finally ordered it lol well see what happens

well its arrived today but ive not got time to use it for a while.

do you apply it like a tint ?
when it says add buffer how much are you ment to use ? the same amounts as the other parts?

Yes just apply like tint with brush, well i did...
The buffer is to be used once rinsed, apply like a shampoo..

Happy rinsing, god there is some rinsing to do, it lasted forever!!!! Don't forget to time as this part is most important..

Yes just apply like tint with brush, well i did...
The buffer is to be used once rinsed, apply like a shampoo..

Happy rinsing, god there is some rinsing to do, it lasted forever!!!! Don't forget to time as this part is most important..

so you dont have to measure the buffer just do about to pumps and rub like shampoo then ?

thank you

What r all u mobile hairdressers charging for this service?
Iv just ordered some and have a client tues,
Beta b here in time! Lol
Just wondered wot u all charged? X

Used this today for the first time and i am charlie chuffed with the result! Hair felt amazing afterwards. My client had been home colouring for years and yet it just lifted out so well :D
IMG_2430.jpg

before

2011-12-12120256.jpg

with colour lifted out

2011-12-12132803.jpg

the finished result, just popped a few foils through and a tint to make it richer

Finally used this today

Its amazing very impressed . Didnt even have to colour it afterwards :)

well here is my latest one got an other one on Saturday
sorry some are the wrong way round computer wont let me fix them :rolleyes:

That looks brilliant, i love the final result! What shade/s did you use around the highlights?

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

I am not a hairdresser but I started reading this thread from the start and am hooked on this product even though I don't really know what it is lol.

It seems like an exciting product .. is it quite revolutionary in the hair world???

Jacqui xx

I would say it is, alongside affinage eraser - we have had colour strippers for years, but none that have been as effective, clients seem really happy with the results and there isn't any noticeable damage to the hair afterwards, so it's a fab service for us hairdressers to offer. (and quite lucrative!) xx

Well i used this today on a majirouge 4.20, lifted to a base 8 copper blonde, weaved a t-section of bleach foils and its a lovely colour but my client wants me to tone down the warmth some more, thinking of 9/16 col touch?

You won't tone down the warmth with a toner lighter than your existing depth...after using the eraser, I normally pack in loads of highlights and flood in between with an ash colour to cover all the warmth...
You'd probably have to tone with an 8 but you could give the 9 ago as it normally goes darker anyway. The only problem you'll find with toning, is that the highlights will be a lot more porous than the rest, so if you tone over the whole lot, by the time the warmth has been neutralised, the highlights will be blue lol x

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek[/QUOTE]

You won't tone down the warmth with a toner lighter than your existing depth...after using the eraser, I normally pack in loads of highlights and flood in between with an ash colour to cover all the warmth...
You'd probably have to tone with an 8 but you could give the 9 ago as it normally goes darker anyway. The only problem you'll find with toning, is that the highlights will be a lot more porous than the rest, so if you tone over the whole lot, by the time the warmth has been neutralised, the highlights will be blue lol x

[/QUOTE]

yep i see what you mean! hmmm back to the drawing board maybe :)

Hey guys I'm just about to order this product just wondering if you get the pumps included?

Yep.you do . Think pumps are for the shampoos

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

That looks brilliant, i love the final result! What shade/s did you use around the highlights?

sorry just noticed your post i used 8-1 schwarzkopf

Latest posts

Back