Blood Thinning medicine and having a Brazilian

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj1

Reaction score
I need some advice from you waxing experts, I've done tonnes of brazilians and never been nervous but I do have a long time client going in for surgery and she needs that done. Now my worry is this, one time she went away and got some sun and a few days after came to wax and her skin ripped (this was an eyebrow wax.) So I am worried she just called and told me she's on blood thinners so I told her to come in and we would do a couple of patches to test her out. Now I know our vagina skin is a bit tougher but still worried about doing this on her and she doesn't want to shave due to the itching afterwords. I do use oil before any type of waxing. I use strip was for all my waxing, I do have the hard wax but have never used this as I find the flicking is way more painful to them that the strip. Any and all advice is surely welcomed, thanks so much!

If she is on warfarin for blood thinning I would INSIST on a Dr letter before I would wax her. If you have done tons of brazilians, you will know there is usually blood spotting. In someone on warfarin this can be quite alarming.

No way would I use strip wax on a brazilian anyhow - hotwax is so much more comfortable. Flicking is not painful if you have used the oil correctly and have applied your wax leaving a slightly thicker lip at the flicking end. Pull a really good stretch and the end of the wax should be easy enough to flick up. You can also make a handle by applying some wax to the inside of your wrist, removing when set and sticking the shiny side to the flicking end of the clients wax strip that needs to be pulled.

I would suggest some hot wax training, or at the very least buy Lori Nestore's DVD.

(I am a nurse)

Flicking is painfull!!! You should never flick and shouldn't need to if you apply the wax correctly with a thicker lip and pull the skin away from the lip and there should be enough for you to hold on to and pull without flicking... Always apply from no hair to hair if this makes sense..... Don't flick ouchhhhh xx

I have tried to leave a good size lip, guess it's not enough. How long does it take for your hard waxes to set up, mine seems to take forever. Strip waxing is way faster.

I used to take clexane and warfarin and still take asprin but have never had a problem with waxing. There's more risk with shaving and cutting yourself with the razor causing more than usual bleeding.

I was taught not to wax anyone on Warfarin but why don't you call your insurance company up and see if you are covered if you go ahead and do the waxing.

I have tried to leave a good size lip, guess it's not enough. How long does it take for your hard waxes to set up, mine seems to take forever. Strip waxing is way faster.

Setting times can vary depending on lots of things, client temperature, room temperature, humidity, thickness of wax - brand of wax (newer ploymer waxes have lower operating temperatures) etc and some even do a wax for hot weather.

You should apply the wax so it's no thicker than those kiddy fruit rollup sweets. I set up more than one strip at a time so am never having to hang around waiting. Personally I'd rather have a slower more comfortable hot wax brazilian than a "way faster strip wax" service.

Please consider some hot wax training.

I have done the hot wax on many clients and none of them notice a difference with pain using strip or hard wax.

I did about three strips on my client yesterday and there were no problems whatsoever but I told her to give it a few days and come back to see me. I used two strip waxes and one hard wax, she said there was no differences with the wax, and pain was minimal.

I wouldn't wax her without a letter from her doc. Even then I would use a good quality hot wax and try a couple of narrow strips and see how it goes. x

Latest posts

Back